13

"But James is dead. Then why is he here? What's his purpose...? He's the one who-" Kaliette says, frizzing her hair

     "Who killed our parents, I know. Our parents were an illusion, don't worry about those people." Lucian spoke firmly, spitting the remaining blood that lingered in his mouth. 

     "So his dark magic is strong. We need to keep our defenses high, Lucian. We can't let that happen again. He may be dead, but his spirit is still here." Kaliette says. Lucian stood up and walks to the sink, washing the blood that dried on his skin. 

     "What time is it, Kaliette?" Lucian asks, rubbing his skin with the soapy water. "Shit, this isn't coming off..."

     "4:36. AM. Why?" she replies. 

     "I have to go to work. Make sure you get ready for school." Lucian says, taking his blood-stained shirt off, revealing his upper body. 

     "Okay... You sure you're going to be okay? You can call a day off, you really do need to rest after what happened." Kaliette furrows her eyebrows in worry. Lucian nods, looking back at her with a warm smile.

     "I'll be okay, Kaliette," he says, but he was dying inside. "I'll be fine." Kaliette left the room, closing the door for his privacy. After taking off his clothing, he entered the shower and turned on the water. He was well-built, his body was what you could call a model's. No imperfection, nothing of the abnormal was seen, except for a scar. A scar that told a story, a story that couldn't be revealed... not yet. 

     After being done with his shower, Lucian got out and took a towel and wrapped himself with it. He grabbed his usual work clothes. A white collared shirt, black pants, and a black blazer. He dried his hair and moved his hand through it to get it out of his face. "I'm gonna get going now, Kaliette. Be careful." Lucian says, grabbing his attache case and smiles at Kaliette. 

     "Bye, Lucian. See you later." Kaliette replies, closing the door. She walks to her own room and closes the door, secluding herself. 

"Mission failed."