Chapter 3

Jc's POV

When I got there Brittney was fast asleep in her bed. Andrea was laying with her, but left when I got there. I took off my jeans and my t-shirt and laid down in her bed. I reached over and pulled her too me. Her body instantly molded to the shape of mine and she stayed that way all night.

I woke up and she was still asleep. I reached over and looked at my phone. It was only 10am so I let her sleep. I slowly got out of bed as to not wake her and walked out of there room closing the door behind me. I walked out to the kitchen and saw Jenn.

"How'd she sleep?" Jenn asked.

"Fine. She didn't move once," I shrugged and walked over to the coffee pot and poured myself a cup. "What happened last night?"

"I don't know she just woke up in a panic. She was screaming at the top of her lungs and she was drenched in sweat..." she stared off into nothing, "it was the scariest thing I've ever seen."

I sat down at the table across from her.

"Aw man. I hope it doesn't happen again. I couldn't see her like that. I don't know what I would do."

It would physically pain me to see Brittney in so much terror and know there would be nothing I could do about it. It would kill me.

"I don't know," Andrea said, walking into the kitchen, "I couldn't sleep last night so I did some research on it. I think it's a symptom of post-traumatic stress."

"Post-traumatic stress?" I repeated.

"Yeah. She's been through a horrible event and now her brain is giving her night terrors as its way of handling the situation," she explained.

"Well, why don't I have them? I was there when she miscarried."

"But, she lived with this baby. She was emotionally and physically attached to your child. She protected, nurtured, and loved this baby and to have it all disappear in such a horrific event..." Jenn trailed off.

Hearing the words your child and baby are too much for me to handle right now. My eyes fill with tears. My baby, our baby, is gone. I was also angry that Jenn would say that I'm not getting nightmares because I didn't love that baby.

"I loved it too, Jenn."

"I'm not saying you didn't, Jc," she insisted, "I'm just saying she lived for so long knowing that she was pregnant and you had only just found out. Maybe that's why she's getting them and you're not."

"I loved that baby and losing it was hard on me too!"

I had enough. I ran back towards Brittney's room and right when I was about to open the door I heard her screaming. I burst through the door and she was there sat straight up screaming.

"NOOOOOOOOO!" she screamed. "No! No! No!"

I ran to her bed and sat next to her. I wrapped my arms around her.

"Brittney! Brittney! You're ok! I'm here! It's ok! Everything will be alright!!!" I yelled but she wouldn't stop.

"No! No! No! Not my baby! Not my child!" She began sobbing.

I pulled her too me and she crumbled in my arms. She fell in my arms and sobbed.

"Shhh sweetheart it's ok," I said while stroking her hair. "I've got you. I've got you."

Jenn and Andrea were at the door but I nodded at them letting them know it was ok. They closed the door giving Brittney and I some privacy.

She looked up at me with tears in her eyes and said, "I can't do this, Jc. I'm not strong enough. I-I-I..." Her eyes started filling with tears again.