Chapter Four

Annabeth Chase

            “Wh—” Jason’s and Annabeth’s mouths were slammed by Piper’s hand.

            “Sh-h! Do you guys not know what eavesdropping is?! Or spying for that matter?!” Piper hissed in a hushed tone, glancing between the two demigods with their mouths covered.

            “Sorry,” Jason and Annabeth apologized, muffled behind Piper’s hand.

            Piper released her hand from their mouths. “Good. And, I just…I can’t believe it either. And also, I think Nico noticed us.”

            “You think?” Jason emphasized.

            “Yeah. See, I’m pretty sure he can tell if there’s an ‘unwanted’ disturbance or distortion in the shadows. And, of course being a demigod, he’ll have his guard up in case some monster decided to be summoned into this area of the camp,” Piper explained.

            “He doesn’t look like he noticed us.” Jason peeked over the bushes they were hiding at.

            “He’s probably doing it so Percy wouldn’t catch us as well,” Annabeth surmised. “But, we’re in for a long talk with Nico afterwards.”

            “Why wouldn’t he want Percy to catch us?” Jason cocked his head to the side and furrowed his brows.

            Annabeth heavily sighed. “You ask a lot of questions, Grace.”

            Jason rolled his eyes. “Well, excuse me for not being as smart as a daughter of Athena, Chase.”

            “You know, ‘Chase’ and ‘Grace’ rhyme.”

            Everyone jumped back and whipped their heads around to find a grinning Leo Valdez. He seemed to be enjoying the results he got from scaring them.

            “Leo?!” Everyone screeched in whispered voices.

            “’Sup?” Leo grinned as he sat down with them. “Why are we spying on Percy and Nico?”

            “Did they even see you coming down here?!” Annabeth hissed.

            “No.” Leo raised an eyebrow and shrugged. “At least, I don’t think so.”

            “I don’t think so,” Annabeth mimicked.

            “You guys,” Piper tried to calm the situation, “the whole point in eavesdropping and spying is to stay quiet. You all know that, right?”

            “So, let’s all agree to shut up now and spy, alright?” Jason agreed.

            Everyone nodded and peeked their heads over the bush to commence spying on the Sea Prince and the Ghost King.

Nico di Angelo

            Nico definitely knew of Annabeth’s, Jason’s, Piper’s, and Leo’s presences.

            He decided not to say anything; it would ruin his moment with the son of Poseidon anyway. All he knew was that he was going to have a long conversation with a certain demigod with the name of Jason Grace later today. What did they all even want with him? Can’t he just go on with his life without four horrible stalkers?