God Hand

"I can't do this! It's a disaster!" Someoka groaned. "I'm sure you can..." Aki's voice trailed off. She had lost hope too.

I looked at the scoreboard.10-0. At halftime. How could one ever recover from this. Endou was cheery, as usual. That was no big surprise. Kazemaru looked thoughtful. Kurimatsu and Kageno were injured quite badly.

"If this keeps up, the whole team will fall apart!" I thought, rubbing my hands together in prayer. I had never been quite the praying type, but still...

"Cheer up, guys! This is going to be a great experience for us!" Endou called.

Kurimatsu raised a hand "Save it, Captain! I know for a fact that even you are trembling inside."

"Come on, Kurimatsu, you can't lose hope!"

As Endou bickered, I spotted Haruna watching Teikoku Academy with a distant look in her eyes. She looked sad.

Flashback

Haruna's POV

Before the Match,

I watched cautiously as Teikoku practised for the match. Ni-san was sitting on a bench, most probably going through the team formation. Kageyama(Ray Dark) was seated on top of a huge vehicle outside Raimon's gate.

"What's his plan now?" I thought.

Suddenly, Ni-san got up and moved towards the Raimon building. For a split second, he looked at me desperately. Too bad he lost his chance to reconnect with me.

I gave him a disgusted look and turned to the other side. I had nothing to do with him anymore. But, before I knew it, he was standing in front of me.

"Haruna..." He started

"Save it!" I interrupted. "I don't care anymore."

"Just give me a chance to explain."

"You had your chance. Please leave."

"But I-" He started, but I cut him off. "I don't want anything to do with you anymore."

With a huff, I moved away from him. I rushed towards the school building, tears in my eyes.

PHEEEEEEEEEEEE! The whistle was blown. Half-time was over. Sighing, Endou walked over to the goalpost. Dejected, all the other team members went back to the field. I watched helplessly as the match started again and the whole cycle repeated itself.

"Go, Sakuma(David King)! Death Zone!" Teikoku's captain and the genius playmaker Kidou Yuuto(Jude Sharp) yelled. Seconds later, I saw a horrifying hissatsu technique unfold before me. The guy called Sakuma leapt up to the air, followed by two other players. Then they started rotating furiously, generating some kind of purple energy. They then kicked the ball together with enormous force and sent the ball flying towards the goalpost.

"MPHHH!" The ball struck Endou in the face with vigorous power. He lay down flat on the ground, trying to get himself together.

That was when Megane decided he couldn't take it anymore. With an ear-piercing wail, he threw his shirt on the field before running off.

"The traitor." I muttered.

Finally,nobody at all was left standing. Endou was doing all he could, but it wasn't enough. And that's when a miracle happened.

Gouenji stepped onto the pitch.

Cheers rose from all stands. His very presence was surprisingly invigorating. He wore the ace striker's uniform left behind by Megane and then helped Endou to get up.

PHEEEEEEE! There was the whistle again. It was time for the kick-off.

Within a flash, Sakuma had the ball. "DEATH ZONE!" he screeched as he and his two mates struck the ball.

"GOD HAND!!!" Another hissatsu. This time, it came from Endou.

"What the-!" I heard Haruna exclaim

"What the-!" I heard Haruna exclaim. I just gaped. Aki stared, her eyes wide open. With ease, Endou caught the ball and sent it flying towards Gouenji. And this time, came yet another hissatsu.

"FIRE TORNADO!" Gouenji yelled at the top of his lungs.

"We forfeit." Kidou said calmly. We had finally scored a goal against the legendary Teikoku. Gouenji had left immediately after the match, handing over his uniform.

"Yeah,guys!!!" Endou screamed as Teikoku left, "WE WIN!!"

"well, that was not a w-" I stopped mid-sentence and smiled, thinking it best not to disturb them.