Valentine's Day //

Hey sweeties! :) Hope you like this short story. :)

This is an english story. Hahaha. :))

______________________________________________________

"Wifey, take care of yourself. I'm going!" Then he kissed me.

That's my boyfriend Bryce, I met him in the sixth grade, and we've been couple for three years now. We have different courses, but it's not a huge problem.

"Okay hubby!" Then I waved goodbye.

Every relationship, has its ups and downs. We're just like any other couple, really.  We celebrate monthsaries and anniversaries, we have tipid dates and splurge dates, and we have arguments.

Anyways, I'm here walking. I'm on my way to our school, he left so early. I think he's preparing for our Valentine's Date? Hahahaha. Yeah, it's Valentine's Day today. 

There's one thing that makes what we have special: At the end of the day, we always try to work things out. I'm very lucky because, Bryce is very disciplined. He's God fearing, and that really contributes to the stability of our relationship. He keeps me in check.

"Hi Nathalie!" My friends greeted me.

"Hi! Happy Valentine's girlfriends!" 

"How come, you're not with your hubby?" They asked me.

"I think he's preparing for our date! Hahahaha." I told them.

For me, the best thing about being in a relationship is getting to enjoy the things I like with someone I really love. I love spending time with my Hubby, and I've become really comfortable with him after knowing him for so long.

Anyways, I've been receiving flowers from different guys, but I wasn't all that thrilled. Knowing that Bryce and I have something specially made Valentine's Day meaningful for me. 

Of course, I was day dreaming about a really special and grand celebretion. So when I saw him in school this day, and he acted like it was just an ordinary day, I was totally weirded out. I didn't know what to think!

He greeted me again casually, like the way he greeted me before he leave. I couldn't believe it. In my mind, I had pictures of flowers and candy and sweet gestures, but there was none of that. No candy, no flowers.....nothing. 

I went home thinking it was the saddest Valentine's Day ever. It sounds silly right now, but it really felt like the end of my life as I knew it then. I slumped in my couch, totally depressed. I decided to go up to my room and sleep. I just didn't want to think about him anymore.

To my surprise, there on my bed, lay a huge gift, tons of chocolate and a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I was totally floored. I picked up the phone and called him. He asked to meet me outside our house so he could explain everything.

He told me that he asked my sister this day to plant the stuff in my room once I was gone. No wonder she laughed when she saw me all miserable in the couch. Hearing about how he planned the surprise made me the happiest girl in the world. 

He was so sweet for putting in the extra effort. The day ended with us having dinner in Pancake House, one of our favorite restaurants. I had no idea he was such a good planner. It totally blew me away that special someone took the time and effort to make me feel special. 

I had the best Valentine's Day.