Chapter 10

(ok wats going on rn? iii have to check chapter 8 rq lol, *5 minutes later* OOOK I KNOW WHATS GOIN ON NOW

I HAVE WATCHED ENOUGH YOUTUBE AND NETFLIX FOR TODAY. I. NEED. TO. MAKE. THIS. FREAKIN. CHAPTER. DANGITT.)

"E-erm, I-I don't think I can t-tell you, U-undyne..." Alphys stuttered. "Why not?" Undyne said, bending down to match the scientist's height. "B-because... Just... Because it's a s-secret?" The excuse came out as more of a question than she wanted it to, and Undyne  didn't buy it. "I can keep a secret, Alphie..." Undyne reassured her. "E-even from the King?..." Alphys responded nervously. "Of course!" Undyne said confidently. "It's gonna t-take some time to e-explain..." Alphys said after being convinced. "I don't have anywhere to be." Undyne said as she dragged Alphys over to a couple of chairs to sit down and smiled softly.

~ a while of explaining later ~

"Wait so... that's why you disappeared into that room for hours at a time sometimes? Because you were too scared to tell the King about all of... this... and never replied to those letters and phone calls?" Undyne asked, trying to understand as much of this as she possibly could. "B-basically..." "And the reason you were doing all of this was you were were trying to make it so that we could break the barrier without human SOULs by injecting monster SOULs with this thing called "determination", which is the substance that makes humans always survive, but when doing this the bodies of the monsters couldn't handle the "determination" and melted into... what's the word..." Undyne trailed off looking for the description of the monsters in one word. "A-amalgamations?..." The scientist tried to suggest, "Exactly! Then you couldn't bring yourself to tell their families when they called and just kept them down there, but they get hungry, fast, so you still have to go down there to feed them every once and a while." Undyne said, taking all of the confusing information into her head. 

"Y-yeah..." Alphys said, voice overflowing with worry, hoping Undyne wouldn't be mad at her for making such a stupid mistake that she couldn't undo. "And the reason you were standing in here was because you had just realized that that had to be the place that Asriel and Frisk had gone, was down there, and the elevator is stuck down there since the power failed, so you sent some food down there so they could feed then since while the elevator is stuck down there without power?" It was almost like Undyne was explaining exactly what just happened, since, you know, she was. 

"U-uh huh... A-are you mad at me?..." Alphys finally managed to ask in a mumble, a hundred percent positive that Undyne was going to yell at her when her mouth opened to make a response, but instead was found being hugged by the other monster, being comforted, "No way! I would never be mad at you, Alphys! You did what you thought was right to do, i just would have liked it if you had told me a little sooner! And really, Alphie, I'm not lying when I say I'll never be mad at you, don't be afraid to talk to me!" Undyne did as best she could, comforting the scientist, and seemed to be succeeding. Alphys hugged back, thanking her and actually starting to tear up a little, but before the tear could fall, Undyne grabbed a tissue from Alphys' desk and wiped it away. 

Alphys couldn't describe the incredible relief she was feeling as Undyne assured her that she could tell her anything, knowing if Alphys didn't want anyone other than Undyne knowing it, then only Undyne would know it. That she finally had someone she could completely trust. 

"Do you wanna stay here and watch the elevator, or do you wanna come back to my place to have a break?" Undyne asked Alphys after a couple of minutes. "W-well, I know now that they got the b-bag, s-so i guess we can go your house f-for a while..." Alphys said after a minute of thinking, "Ok, let's go then!" Undyne stood up and held out a hand for Alphys to grab while she was sitting up, and once she was standing, even then, Undyne didn't pull her hand away, but tightened her grip on the scientist's hand, making her feel more secure as they walked from Alphys' lab in Hotland to Undyne's fish shaped house in the middle of Waterfall. 

A/n: i think i succeeded in putting a bit sadness in the middle of this, and then at the end i attempted at a bit of ship-ness, if thats even a word, lol, tried to add in a little Alphdyne lol, anyway, after that... long... break... i got 854 words! yey! and this chapter took me only 45 minutes to make too, thats a record for fastest actual worthwhile chapter!  they usually take me around an hour to two hours to make, but this one ended up around 45 minutes!

Words: 854 words

next update: 3 - 4 days? maybe? idk lol