Chapter 10

The gang all laughed and cheered as they were soon sledding down Mount Crumpit, with David and the Grinch skiing in the back. 

"Spread eagle!" David called out as he and the Grinch went flying through the air. 

"Nailed it!" The Grinch said, both landing perfectly. 

"This is awesome!" The twins laughed with the rest of the gang in glee. 

The Grinch and David continued skiing behind the back of the sleigh until they went over the side of the edge and came flying around to the front of the sleigh, both crashing right above the others into the bags of presents.  

"Ooh, that's gotta hurt" Brock winced. 

"Are you all right?" Cindy asked the Grinch in concern. 

"Are you kiddin'? The sun is bright and the powder's bitchin'!" The Grinch smiled for the first time to the gang. "Now scoot over! It's my turn to drive!" 

The gang laughed all the way with joy as they made a few jumps down the hills. 

"I'd better slow this buggy down!" The Grinch told the gang, but his brake system failed.  

"We're gonna crash!" Cindy panicked.  

"WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!" Cynthia and the twins also cried out, overreacting.

"Now you listen to me, kids!" The Grinch said to them. "Even if we're horribly mangled... there'll be no sad faces on Christmas" 

The kids all smiled to the Grinch and were silent for a moment before they all screamed out in panic as they came sledding down the hill out-of-control. 

The who citizens soon all looked up towards Mount Crumpit, seeing the commotion. Betty and Martha both grabbed an end of Xmas lights and held it out to try and stop the sleigh as it came down into town, but ended up getting dragged along with it.  

"Heads up, Whoville!" The Grinch warned, driving his sleigh all over town, sending the Whos running. 

Everyone screamed in panic while the adventure kids clutched onto each other as they were gonna crash right into the town center's Xmas tree. But Lou stood in front of the tree and managed to stop the sleigh from just barely crashing into it, saving the gang.  

"Thanks for the help, Lou" The Grinch said before announcing to all of Whoville. "Merry Christmas one and all!"  

The adventure kids came down from the sleigh, all looking grateful while the crowd of Whos cheered for them as their gifts were returned and Cindy reunited with her parents. 

"Alright" The police officer came forward to the Grinch with his hands on his hips. "What do we have here?"

"You got me, Officer!" The Grinch said, coming down from the sleigh while the Whos gasped. "I did it! I'm the Grinch that stole Christmas"

"And I'm... sorry" The Grinch apologized and immediately surrendered himself to the police. 

"Aren't you gonna cuff him?" The adventure kids asked the officer. 

"Put me in a choke hold? Blind me with pepper spray?" The Grinch added dramatically. 

Surprisingly, The police officer accepted the Grinch's apology and refused to follow the Mayor's order of have him peeper sprayed. Martha May even turned down the Mayor's proposal and gave him his engagement ring back. 

"Sorry... but my heart belongs to... someone else" Martha told the Mayor before turning to the Grinch.  

"Aw, sweet revenge" Cynthia smiled a bit devilishly.  

"In your face! In your face!" Brock and David got up all in the Mayor's face while the Grinch laughed with joy and did a victory dance before telling the Mayor. "Cheer up, dude. It's Christmas"

The adventure kids soon helped the Grinch screw in one light bulb which turned on all the Xmas lights in town and the Whos cheered with delight. 

"Merry Christmas, Mr. Grinch" Cindy Lou kissed the green monster-like creature on his cheek. "Your cheek is so...."

"I know" The Grinch frowned. "...Hairy" 

"No" Cindy shook her head. 

"Greasy?" Teeders, Cynthia, and David guessed. 

"Stinky?" The twins guessed.  

"Do I have a zit?" The Grinch asked. 

"No... Warm" Kali answered for Cindy Lou, smiling at the Grinch. 

Everyone in Whoville soon gathered around the Xmas tree, all holding hands and sang together. The adventure kids were all very happy being together, while the Grinch had trouble singing since he didn't know the lyrics. And the Mayor was never seen or heard from again. 

Later~

So he brought back the toys and the food for the feast. And he, he himself, the Grinch... carved the roast beast.

Teeders and David enjoyed celebrating this Xmas feast with their friends even though they were Jewish and had other religious December celebrations. 

"There's nothin' like the holidays" Kali said to her friends at the table.  

"Yeah!" The twins nodded in agreement.  

"Who wants the gizzard?" The Grinch called out.  

"I do!" David raised his hand eagerly.  

"Too late!" The Grinch said. "That'll be mine" 

When the feast was almost over, The Grinch gave the adventure kids a little stuffed toy of himself dressed in the Santa suit to remember him by. The adventure kids smiled at the Grinch, having made another new friend for life. 

"We'll never forget you, Grinch" Teeders smiled to the hairy green creature. 

"No matter how hard we try" Cynthia mumbled under her breath in deadpan. 

Kali's crystal then started glowing and the adventure kids were all then teleported back home to the Harpercop's house, showing as always that no time had past while they were gone. The adventure kids were happy to be with their families and each other for Christmas dinner not caring about the presents or fancy lights, learning that you don't need any of those things to have a Merry Christmas.  

"I wonder what adventure will be doing next" David said to the gang while they were eating at their family's dinner table. 

"What are you talking about? We're celebrating Christmas right now" Teeders looked to David. 

"Christmas day is five days away" David mentioned. "A lot can happen in five days" 

This made the rest of the adventure kids, Cynthia specifically, go wide eyed for a second and groan, as the teens were forever trapped in a never-ending series of adventures. 

The adventure kids all soon laughed, happy to be together.  

"Merry Christmas, everyone" Kali smiled to her friends.    

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And that kids, is how the Grinch really stole Christmas" The father finished up the story to his daughters. 

"Wow" The oldest daughter was left completely astonished with hearing that story. "I had no idea. The Grinch truly does have a heart. A really, really big heart about three sizes" 

There was then a knock heard on the front door and the mother went to answer it. It was revealed to be the rest of the family's very close friends and their families too, including the pets. 

The one big whole family gathered around the Christmas tree and were happy to all be together, knowing this was going to be a great Christmas. 

THE END