Chapter 2

I lay on my bed, studying the white washed ceiling for any cracks or blemishes. Ah, my life was so fulfilling.

"So what are you gonna do?" Tori asked me as she sat on my Swindle chair from across the room.

"Something. I'll get there."

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, right."

I found a small little crack at the bottom hand corner of the ceiling.

"What does it matter to you?"

Tori seemed a little offended. She tried to play it off by taking a spin in my chair.

"Because i'm your friend and i care. Cami, you can't just waste a year of your life doing nothing! You've got one of the highest SATs scores and you're just throwing it all away. For what?"

I sighed. I was getting quite sick of this.

"For nothing, Tori. And that's what i want. I want to do nothing." I sat up on my bed and turned to face her. She looked exasperated, wavy blonde hair draped over her face as she dangled her head over the chair back rest.

"I don't get you," she replied, still covering her face with her own locks.

I smiled. "You don't have to."

"So how about you?" I restarted the conversation.

"Just the college everyone in our high school who can't go anywhere else is going."

I shrugged. "That's nice."

Tori exploded once again, standing up from the chair so quickly it raced backwards and hit the wall. "Nice? You can go to Princeton, Harvard, Brown and you say Drop Outs is nice? Unbelievable Camilla, unbelievable."

'Drop Outs' was what everyone called the local college in my town. It was where the people who, as Tori already mentioned, went when they couldn't go anywhere else. It wasn't as bad as a school everyone thought it was in my opinion, but certain mindsets tend to stay especially after you've lived in the same town almost all your life.

"You know what?" Tori started, "i'm just gonna go home. Watch a movie, maybe go to the mall, and have a nice meal with Peter instead of getting worked up over you."

"Bye," i yelled as she huffed out of the room. I heard the front door close and then it was just me again in the entire house.

I went back to studying the ceiling.