1

It was already sunset, Tenma Matsukaze, a girl with a short haircut and a boy bulit body was walking around the park. She gets often misgendered because of it, however, it was really okay for her, she didn’t care either way. She heard someone or two kicking a ball, a soccer ball. “Fire Tornado!” she saw two boys with blue hair. “Woah!” She whispered, her eyes lighting up. She watched the two boys as they played soccer. and even at a young age, it seemed like no one can escape love at first sight, her eyes wandering to one of the two, she thought that one of them was cute, she shook her head. It was love at first sight for small Tenma. although being engrossed in the feeling was a bad idea, as, after a miskick, from what seemed to be younger one if the two boys playing, the soccer ball went flying straight to Tenma, and she hadn’t noticed, nor did she have any sort of time to react, and the soccer ball had hit her head, making her groan in pain a little, as she grabbed her head to steady herself, the impact wasn’t too hard on her thankfully.

“Ah, sorry, did it hit too hard? Are you okay?” The one with a mole asks her, seemingly worried. “I-I’m fine! You two looked awesome!” She said, making the boy chuckle a little and help her up. “Hey! Tenma! Hurry up! I won’t be waiting for you all day!" One of her friend, Itsuki, had called out for her, snapping Tenma back to focus as she got up, she politely waves at the boy that helped her but she couldn’t take her eyes off of the other one, but she had already approached them first.

“Ah Yuuichi-san.” Itsuki would notice the Tsurugi brothers, waving hi to them,  and then clearing her throat. “I see you two already met. This is Tenma Matsukaze! My friend!” Itsuki said as she hugged Tenma. “Tenma, this is Tsurugi Kyousuke.” She said as she pointed to a bluenette about Tenma’s age too. “And this is Tsurugi Yuuichi, the older ones of the Tsurugi brothers.” Itsuki said, after their introductions, Itsuki had asked if they wanted to go and play some more soccer together, Kyosuke, being more outgoing and friendlier when he was younger, had agreed with Yuiichi also agreeing. “Yuuichi-san, pass!” Itsuki said as she waved at Yuuichi while running towards the goal, while Tenma and Kyosuke were running to catch up and steal the ball from her.

Yuuichi nods and looked at her and passed, it was a struggle but after being cut by Kyosuke, she was able to slip past him and run towards the goal, “I did it! Yuuichi-san! I did it!” She cheered happily, looking at the older Tsurugi. “Tenma-kun, Kyosuke-kun, you’re all really great at soccer already! Once we grow up, I want to see how far along you two can go!”

“Of course! One day I’ll be strong enough to play soccer with you and Yuiichi without losing!” Kyousuke lets out a breath after his sentence as Tenma noded, she definitely was starting to like Kyosuke more and more. “And also great shot!” Tenma said as Yuuichi smiled at her. She Looked at Yuuichi and smiled back which unknown to the platinum haired girl that Yuuichi blushed as he saw her smile.

As they were playing, Itsuki was kicking the ball and ended up severely missing, and so the ball had gotten stuck up a tree. “I’ll go get it, Yuuichi.” Itsuki said as she started climbing up the tree to get the ball, trying to be careful as much as possible, she was able to loosen the ball and get it to drop back down, but she had forgotten that the branch she was holding on to was about to break, so as she fell, Itsuki curls up into a ball, protecting her head from possible impact, but she never felt the ground hit her. “Yuuichi-san!” She screamed, seeing as Yuuichi was able to catch her, thankfully. “I got you. Don’t worry. Let’s go back to playing.” Yuuichi says, smiling at Itsuki.

As they were walking home, everything was a blur for Tenma, one second they were just walking, talking normally, laughing normally, and the next there was a man who lost control, someone drunk, and was drunk driving, what happened after? Tenma couldn’t remember, it was blank, and then screaming for Yuuichi to wake up, blood, Yuuichi’s blood. Tenma specifically remembers that there was an ambulance, they took Yuuichi to the hospital, the words that were said to Yuuichi was; “Sorry but, I don't think that you will be able to walk... Your legs were heavily injured and you need surgery for it.” Everything was blank again from Tenma’s memories.

The last thing she remembers was crying to Yuuichi as Kyosuke and Itsuki did, apologizing for not being able to do more. and sometimes, Tenma wonders, perhaps, if they took a different road? Path? Would this all have happened? And why is it to Yuuichi. It hadn’t even been a full day since Tenma has met Yuuichi and this had happened. Kyosuke was the kost devistated, yelling at the doctors to give Yuuichi the surgery he needed, yet, they can’t afford it. Kyosuke was furious, screaming, crying and yelling, hoping they would take pity. Yet, no one hears his plea, no one would.

Tenma places a hand on Kyosuke’s shoulder. “Tsurugi... I’m sorry.”