Chapter 1

Title: Different Kinds of Smarts

Author: Wereleopard58

Pairing: Tony DiNozzo/Nathan Stark, slash

Rating M or Explicit

Crossover: NCIS/A Town Called Eureka

Spoilers: All of NCIS and Eureka

Summary: McGee is jealous that he can't get to meet Nathan Stark. Tony goes to the conference and gets up close and personal with his teammate's idol. McGee will still get his chance when Nathan decides to visit NCIS. There are different kinds of smarts, and each one is attractive in its own right.

Disclaimer: I don't own anything to do with NCIS. I am not making anything from this. I am just doing this for fun

Feedback is always welcome.

A/N This is the first in my DiNozzo's Men series. Tony is paired with people within NCIS and other shows. The only person he will NOT be paired up with is Gibbs (I, of course, will still be writing Tibbs). I do have a Tibbs story with Nathan/Tony friendship. This was supposed to be a one shot, but I wanted too much to happen. I hope you enjoy.

XXXXX

"Boss, I think maybe I should go instead of Tony. I mean he's..." Tim's voice faded off.

Gibbs stared coldly at his agent. "DiNozzo's what exactly?"

"Well, Nathan Stark will be there and I...he's..."

"Aww, McGeek has got a crush." Tony felt he had to comment. He hated how McGee and Ziva talked about his intelligence, or they believed lack of one.

Tim turned, glared at him and then turned back to the more important conversation. "We need to show NCIS in the best light."

Tony lowered his eyes and concentrated on his monitor as Ziva laughed in agreement. He didn't want to see the look in Gibbs' eyes as he agreed with them. There was always a doubt that he wasn't good enough. He'd always felt like that; his father always made him feel a failure. It was why he wanted acknowledgement when something was completed well.

"Stark's isn't the only talk going on at that conference. There are a lot more workshops that lean towards the investigation side of things. Since DiNozzo is the best one we have, he's also worked at different police departments; I think he's the best one to go. Remember McGee there are different kinds of smarts; one is not necessarily better than the other."

"Yes, boss," Tim mumbled.

"Thanks Gibbs."

"I have no doubt that you'll do us proud DiNozzo." The older man smiled encouragingly at him.

"I will, I promise."

"I'm going to check on things with Abby." McGee stomped out in a sulk.

"He will make us a laughing joke at this event."

Tony stared at her with confusion, and then it dawned on him. "You mean laughing stock Ziva."

"David, you'll show DiNozzo respect, he has earned that. If not maybe we should look at you being transferred somewhere that you can learn it." Gibbs wasn't going to allow this crap to carry on. Things had become worse with those two. "Remember he has earned his position, you were put on this team because of your friendship with Shepard. Oh, and we can't forget who your father is either."

Ziva opened her mouth to argue, to point out about her training. The look on his face made it clear it wasn't something he wanted to hear.

Tony glanced between the two; this was something new. Gibbs had never stepped up to stop these comments before. It looked like things were changing.