What is Reality? (Evan Peters)

CHAPTER ONE:

I exited the movie theatre with the crowd of strangers. It was another Saturday night that I had spent alone. I try to pretend like I am a busy girl by going to the movies every weekend.

I try to rush out of the building so I don't get stuck in traffic. I pass many somewhat familiar faces. I walk out into the dark night and it's drizzling rain. I hop into my car and start the engine. The rain starts coming down harder. It is hard to see. I turn out of the parking space and drive forward. Suddenly, as if out of nowhere, a boy appears in front of my car. I slam on the breaks. I jump out of the car to see if I hit the teenage boy.

"Are you okay?" I shout loudly over the sound of the rain.

"Ya I'm fine. I'm sorry for scaring you sweet cheeks" he says back.

"Umm it's okay... You want to get in my car? Not trying to sound creepy I mean it's just like we could umm.. We could talk if you want..?" I say nervously.

"I would love too" he says while laughing at the embarrassing thing I just tried to say, "you know you are pretty adorable."

We both get in my car. We are dripping wet. We sit there for a few awkward seconds not knowing what to do.

"Hi I'm Evan," he says after forever, "and you are?"

"Evan.. I like that," I say, "my name is..."

I pause. Trying to decide if giving out my name is a good idea. I then realize that this complete stranger is already sitting completely wet in my car.

"Scarlett"

"You sure?" Evan asks.

"What do you mean am I sure?" I answer.

"Well I mean you paused for a long time before you told me your name. So I wasn't sure whether you even knew." He says with a smirk on his face that reveals his dimples. I can't help but smile back.

"Well i was trying to decide if I can trust you" I say.

"Well you decided wrong. I'm a rapist." He says with a straight face. I just stare at him for a long time confused and scared.

"I'm totally kidding you dork. You can trust me, you can always trust me" he says with a smile.

I just continue to stare. Still unsure. I just met this guy, yet it feels like we have known each other forever. I nod to let him know that I understand.