Chapter Six

Chapter Six:
It's 3:27 am. I sit on the edge of my bed wide awake. It has been 4 weeks since Evan was at my house and that's the last time I heard from him. On top of my severe anxiety and other issues I have now been diagnosed with insomnia. There is no way to fall asleep because of the many thoughts rushing through my mind.
I sit there staring at his wallet.
It is now 4:08. Almost a whole hour has passed but it feels like only a few seconds. I get up from the the bed and walk towards the wallet. After all of this time just waiting and watching the wallet I finally decide to look inside. I'm hoping to find something like directions to somewhere out of town where he was going or something that will let me know where he is.
I open the wallet and inside is
nothing.
It is completely empty besides the receipt for the wallet. The date purchased was just a few days after I had met Evan. This doesn't make any sense. Why would he be carrying an empty wallet around? why didn't he take it with him? so many questions are scattering throughout my brain and I don't have an answer to any of them.
I fall on to my knees crying.
That's I thing I do now. Cry. It's something I used to never do because I would bury my feelings deep within.

I take a sleeping pill and then one more. I go back on my bed. I somehow manage to drift into a deep sleep. Within a dream I see Evan standing in front of me. He grabs my waist and brings me closer to him. He kisses my forehead and then my lips. He suddenly lifts me up and slams me down on the bed. I feel intimidated and I have no control. He continues to kiss me as I beg for him to get off of me.

I wake up full of fear. It is 1:46 pm and my dad is at work. I hear the door bell ring. I am so afraid that it is Evan. After that dream he is the last person I want to see. I feel like I don't know him or what he has the power of doing. Although it was only a dream I am worried that it could become reality. I open the front door and it is my neighbor holding my mail. He hands it to me and says "I believe this is yours". I blush back at him and take the mail.
His name is Zachary. He is very young, about 25. I had only spoken with him a few times before and I feel obligated to invite him inside.
"It's Zachary right?" I ask, "would you like to come in for coffee?"
He agrees and we sit in the kitchen and begin to talk.
Zachary tells me about his career and discusses his family. He is a psychiatrist who works with the mentally insane. I find this career very intriguing because I have met several people like this in a hospital. I tell him about my school and my family. He seems to find my life interesting even though I am only 17. The fact that he doesn't treat me like a kid is very flattering.
Before I know it Zachary leans in and kisses me. It was so inappropriate because of our age but ignoring that factor it felt so right. I linger on his lips for a few seconds and then pull away.
"I'm sorry," he says, "I just really needed to know what that would be like"
"And?" I ask.
Instead of answering he leans in and kisses me again. He stands up while holding my hand and continues to kiss me. He leads me towards the front door where he lets go.
"As much fun as this has been," he says, "you cannot tell people about this. Please".
He leaves and shuts the door. I bite my lip to hold back a big smile that is about to stretch across my face.

*ring, ring*
I answer my phone.

"Hey babe I was thinking we go out for food tonight" it was Evan's voice.
"Evan? What the hell man! You disappear for a month and then call me like that?" I scream at him over the phone.
"Listen sweetie I'll explain later just meet me tonight" he says "I'll text you the details."

I slam down the phone in fury. I don't know what to believe with this guy! And now this other man, Zachary, has come around and I just don't know what to do.

All I want to do is sleep. It's the only escape from reality.

Hello to my amazingly patient readers! I adore you all so much and I apologize again for the late update and for this being such a short chapter. It is just hard to get inspired to write sometimes, ya feel? Anyway I really hope you enjoy my fan fiction. If you ever have any suggestions for new characters or have predictions for what might happen next please feel free to comment! Thanks so much!!