Part 6

I laughed at the thought of even breaking up with Dylan and dating some random guy.

Me:

No thank you. I have a boyfriend. How about we become friends?

Aaron:

Sure.

I skated away.

As I was skating I remember how I always wanted to try to do tricks. I skate back to the house and grabbed my regular skateboard rather than my penny nickel.

I grabbed my board and ran down the sidewalk. I then dropped it and hopped on. I rode down the sidewalk a little bit until I was going the perfect speed and did an Ollie on the first try. I did a bunch if Ollie's and only fell twice. After about 15 minutes of that I attempted to do a kickflip. The attempt failed and I slammed my face in the grass, thank god.

I heard footsteps.

Finally they stopped and I saw a shadow. I could also hear someone breathing, deep breaths. I looked up, Dylan. He helped me up and gave me a hug. His eyes were all puffy and red.

Me:

What happened?

Dylan:

Nothing babe.

This is the first time he's called me babe or just any "nickname."

Me:

Dylan, really. Please tell me.

Dylan:

No I don

Me:

DYLAN PLEA

Dylan:

FINE. MY MOMS DEAD. SHES DEAD!! DO YOU HEAR ME?

Me:

Oh my god. Dylan... I'm so sorry.

I ran, wrapped my arms around him, and rested my head on his shoulder. It seemed to comfort him.

I could hear him begin the cry. I moved my hear away and put the front of my hand on his right cheek. I left it there for a while and stared into his eyes.

Me;

Dylan.

Dylan:

Yeah?

He sniffled.

Me:

I'll always love you. So will your mom.

Dylan just continued crying for about 3 minutes.

Dylan leaned in a kissed my cheek.

His sobbing stopped and we interlocked hands. We began walking to Alexa's house.

We walked in silence. We finally got there and we went into a guest room. We each grabbed a chair and say down. I pulled out my phone, went on spotify, and played songs by The xx.

Missing was playing.

Dylan had a bit piece if his life missing from him.

I got up and walked towards Dylan. I say in his lap and leaned my head on his chest.

My eyes were red and puffy. Just in case I forgot to tell you, I also cried.

*next day (Saturday)*

I woke up in Alexa's guest room. I was on the floor. I looked oh and saw Dylan laying on the bed. I woke him up and told him that we should go to the lake. He agreed.

We went back to our own homes to get something to wear. I put on a bikini and a shirt along with a pair of shorts. There was a knock on my door so I went down to see who it was. It was Dylan and he had a pair blue of swimming trunks with a black t-shirt.

I walked outside and we headed to his vehicle. His sister was driving just as always. We rode without speaking and without music. His sister tried to make conversation a couple times but finally saw we didn't want to talk so she just stopped trying.

Once we finally got to the lake we hopped out of the car with 2 towels and his sister drove off. We sat on the dock and splashed our feet around in the water.

Me:

So when's the funeral?

Dylan:

Tomorrow.

Me:

Oh.

Dylan:

You can come if you want.

Me:

Okay.

*next day (funeral(Sunday))

I put on a black dress and put dome mascara on. I walked out the front door and sat one the bench and waited for Dylan to pick me up.

His dad was driving this time. Dylan came out and waved hi. I got up and walked to the SUV. Dylan and I sat in the back and his sister sat in the passenger seat.

Everyone was lightly crying, including myself. I only met his mother once and she was very nice.