Her past? or is it? 2

Now now as I told you before, death is never the end. It is a mere beginning into another life. And this time, death was the beginning of the past. A past that might not be believable to all... Yet it only mattered to one. Thus who ever reads or learns this story shall be blessed with the consequences of what their actions have caused. Not only themselves but to others.

Mey-Rin closed her eyes and felt the impact of the rocks. They were soft and... soft? Mey-Rin opened her eyes and noticed she was laying on a covered wheel barrel of hay? The man from the cliff was standing above her. He adjusted his glasses once again and opened a book.

"Your life before was quiet, how can I put this gently without sounding... It was shit. A hitman for hire and killing only you deserved thought needed the killing. I suppose you were capable of carrying out such orders in your conscious." He flipped through some pages and landed on a file. "Charles Brunard. He was a target yet you choose to spare his life? Why?" The man did not even help Meyrin up. She saw a small boy enter the barn like area they were now in. "Don't worry, you are dead. No one can see you." the man flipped through the pages again and gave Meyrin a look. "Are you going to faint?" He sighed. "Why must I always get the defected ones. Pay attention... "

She snapped out of the shock she was in. Shouldn't death hurt? This man with amazing green eyes. Was slightly rude, but she answered.

"Yes I remember him. I was paid quiet a price to terminate his life, but I won't kill without reason. I researched him, followed him for a bit. Supposedly he was a child killer. I can't just take someone's word for it. I must see proof. He was a kind man with children of his own. Investigating him I found out the children he supposedly he was killing were not dead. He helped them escape abuse, torture and even death. Placing them far away in loving homes. Using body's he stole from a morgue he worked in to wash up in rivers. Making them unrecognizable. Wearing the children's clothing. Why kill such a kind man?" She didn't recognize the boy. Why were they here?

"Quite a story. What you did was save an innocent man. But you were the one who did not want to be born. If you had not been around the case might of not been solved. I believed you also helped this young child from not being murdered." The man pointed towards the shadow lurking in the back of the barn.
The young boy was picking up a small bucket and filling it up with chicken feed. The shadow moved closer and closer until he snatched the boy away and the man started to beat the boy with his bare fists. The man in the suit simply wrote in his notes and let the child scream in agony. Each punch resulted in a broken bone until all the man hit was pure battered flesh.

Her eyes grew wide in terror. She ran to help but her hand passed right through them. Both boys lay dead and the man walked out of the barn slowly. With no remorse he walked into the house and sat down at the kitchen table after washing his hands.

"Julie I sent the boys on an errand. What's for supper?"

Was that the father of mistreated children? She looked at the man who had no expression on his face. How could he watch this and not care. "Who are you! How could you just..." she moved towards him. "Why?" Her voice trembled.

"It shouldn't matter, it is not my job to stop what humans do to each other. I am just here to collect their souls. And surprising a new duty is to show you what the world be like if you weren't ever born. I could care less for this, but I have a job to do and sadly I am stuck with you until you can see how events in your past effected everyone." He sighed and opened his notes again. The scenery changed around them, never giving Meyrin a proper answer to her questions and they were now outside at a courtyard?.

The scene was beautiful. Fresh snow covered the ground and saw some of the outdoor shrubbery were covered with small ornaments. It was Christmas time and... She turned when she heard carriage come down the road.