Chapter 71

CH 71

Aunt.

'Dad,' Lam Ting greeted.

'I heard you have a classmate name Zhen Wu,' Lam Huang said.

'Yes dad,' Lam Ting said.

'News about Zhen Wu's dad retiring will be publicly announced soon,' Lam Huang said. 'Zhen Wu will be his dad's successor. He'll be the new leader of Ni Sheng and the head of the national security department. Find a way to get close to him.'

'Dad, is the news reliable?' Lam Ting asked.

Lam Ting didn't believe a mistress' son like Zhen Wu would suddenly turn into Yue Gu Zai's son.

'Do you think I would believe nonsense?' Lam Huang asked. 'Xiao Ting, do you know how powerful Ni Sheng is after the treaty with Tan Lang? Look at the Yan Household who saved Yue Gu Zai's wife's life. They're living the high life. Xiao Ting, you're a beautiful girl, use your looks to attract Zhen Wu and your future will be secured.'

Lam Ting remembered how handsome Zhen Wu looked when he smiled. She wondered if her looks were enough to attract Zhen Wu.

In the building of Su Xiao Ya's second job, Su Xiao Ya cleaned and she thought about the weeks she spent with Huyen Di. Su Xiao Ya couldn't believe how much her life changed since Huyen Di accidently hit her with his car. The bruises on her thighs have healed. But Huyen Di assigned someone to deliver her nutritious meals. Huyen Di wasn't an easy man to befriend, but he was straight forward and a disciplined man.

Su Xiao Ya was cleaning the tables in the cafeteria. She noticed a beautiful young girl was smiling at her. The girl's face looked familiar.

A woman approached Su Xiao Ya and obstructed Su Xiao Ya's view of the girl.

'Are you Su Xiao Ya?' Zi Lan asked.

'Yes,' Su Xiao Ya said.

'Can we talk in private?' Zi Lan asked.

'My work shift is almost over,' Su Xiao Ya said. 'We can talk in the lobby.'

'I'll wait for you there,' Zi Lan said.

The smiling girl was Yue Ni. Yue Ni heard about Huyen Di's girlfriend, and she was curious to meet Huyen Di's girlfriend in person. She investigated Su Xiao Ya's background so she recognised Zi Lan was Su Xiao Ya's ex-husband's fiance.

In the lobby, Yue Ni called Huyen Di.

'Hello,' Huyen Di greeted.

'Uncle Huyen, do you know where I am?' Yue Ni asked.

Huyen Di hung up the phone.

Yue Ni pouted her lips, and she called Huyen Di again.

'Uncle Huyen, listen to me before you hang up otherwise you'll have something to regret,' Yue Ni said. 'I'm at the future Mrs Huyen's second workplace. Guess who I saw?'

'Who?' Huyen Di asked.

'Uncle Huyen, I need your help with the mission assigned to me for next week,' Yue Ni negotiated.

'I'll do it,' Huyen Di said.

'Zi Lan is the fiance of the future Mrs Huyen's ex-husband,' Yue Ni said.

'Get to the point,' Huyen Di said.

'Fine,' Yue Ni said. 'Zi Lan is here because she thinks the future Mrs Huyen is easy to bully.'

'Young mistress, I'll help you with your missions for the next month if you watch over her for me,' Huyen Di said.

'Uncle Huyen, leave it up to me,' Yue Ni said. 'I won't let anything happen to the future Mrs Huyen.'