10

Irene's POV

I was shocked, would be an understatement. The situation was somehow something familiar. I didn't know how, but I knew I wanted it this way.
------

"Aigoo~ Gukkie. Why so sad? I want you to be happy before I go away. What's your last wish from me?"

"I don't want you to leave. And I don't think you can grant my last wish.", he said giving me a sullen look, quickly covering it up with a grin I loved. I panicked, this was the first time I saw him that sad.

"N-no! I promise I'll fulfill your wish, no matter what. Just tell me!",I urged.

"W-well then, I-I'm sorry...",he sighed.

"Why Gukkie? You shouldn't be so-"

He cut me by attaching his lips to mine in a gentle, caressing way. I was too shocked to move that time.

He pulled away before I could react.

"I-I'm sorry. Please just remember me, alright?", he said before standing up and walking away.

I was about to stop him but realised it was time to go anyways. I was stupid to say whatever I had said.

"Of course I will!  You're my best friend, Guk!"

That stopped him. He smiled as he turned his head slightly to look at me, my eyes widened, he was crying, but smiling nonetheless.

Did I say something wrong?

Oh, if I only but knew.

"Y-yeah, friends...", he clenched his fists before smiling and running away.

What did I do?

I don't know what got into me at this moment, but I knew, the way he kissed me, he was scared of something, but what? He kissed me like he was begging, begging for me to stay, not to reject him. How did I know this? A dozen questions had filled my brain but I did what my instincts told me to, and perhaps my instincts found his lips familiar and comforting.

I kissed him back, he paused for a moment, too startled to register anything, but he quickly regained himself, gently kissing me as if he wanted this moment to last, as if he longed for it.

We pulled back at last, a satisfaction flashing in his eyes as his forehead joined to mine.

Guilt flashing in his eyes for a mere second before all I could find was pure admiration and love.

It was beautiful. He was beautiful.

Moreover, something ethereal.

It felt like my heart was filled up by his kiss, as if it fit into the missing piece of my life.

It frustrated me not knowing why I had felt that way, but I knew now was not the time to ask.

I had the feeling of longing, and I decided to go with my heart and instincts until my questions are answered.

But I had to wait for that, because something told me, now was not the time, and I understood somehow. It really wasn't.

As I snapped out of it, I saw nervousness in his eyes. I didn't know why he was nervous, I wanted to ask but nothing came out of my mouth. Instead, he spoke.

"I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that, we're friends, nothing more, nothing less."

A sense of familiarity washed over me. I couldn't respond, I wanted this and I knew he did too.

So why?

He started pushing my wheelchair gently towards my room, none of us daring to break the thick tension in the air.

Finally, I spoke, I just had to ask him, curiosity had gotten the best of me. I was confused, hurt, frustrated and I needed answers. Not all but at least one.

"J-Jungkook, about the k-kiss. I-"

He stood up before walking towards the door, he paused for a moment turning to me slightly smiling, nervousness evident.

"I'm sorry. I just need some time, yeah?"

He said before walking out.

Did I do something wrong?

I was cut off from my chain of thoughts as someone entered the room. My eyes darted upwards thinking it was Jungkook, I had to talk to him.

"Hey, Irene", he said softly.

Covering up the emptiness he felt. He was hurt, extremely hurt.

"Hey Jiminie, it's been a while since I saw you, where were you?", I said trying to initiate a conversation.

His eyes widened, "What did you call me?"

I tilted my head giving him a confused expression, his eyes softened.

"N-Nevermind. I just came to check up on y-", he started coughing violently.

As he removed his hand, my eyes widened in horror and worry.

Why did he cough out blood?