Chapter 6-Sometimes Girls are Just Better

Chapter 6-Sometimes, Girls are Just Better

"You seem like a wonderful acquaintance, Agent de Guzman," Ji said after a few hours of talking. I think two hours or so have passed. My legs were starting to ache. I needed to sit somewhere. Anywhere, but the floor. Only God would know where those agents have step foot in. For all I know, they could've went to Africa and caught the E.bola virus or something.

"What do you say we have lunch, your highness?" Sean suggested. Ha, as if Ji would be that stupid. Ji may be an idiotic prince, but he's not that idiotic right?

"Ah, yes, we should," Ji replied. Okay, maybe he is that stupid. "Do you know any places?"

"There's a great seafood restaurant downtown," Sean suggested. From my oh-so amazing super-agent hearing, I heard them stand up and leave my office. That was going to be very, very bad. Sean may not be the best agent in the field, but he's still a magnet for the enemies he had made in the field.

Agent with many enemies plus a Korean prince with an army of bandits chasing after him is equals to a terrible idea.

I may be terrible at math, but I know my equation is completely correct.

Following Sean's black Honda City, I drove back to Metro Manila. Did he really go that far just for dinner? To make matters worse, Ji barely even knew Sean. Good heavens, no wonder this boy needs a bodyguard!

Ji and Sean stopped nearby some restaurants. I took a deep breath. Please don't let there be any bandits or something. That's really the last we all need. To make matters worse, Sean was unarmed. The only weapon I brought with me now is a pistol.

But no, life just wanted to be harder for me.

Two tall men-Korean obviously-went and pinned both Sean and Ji's arms behind him. Great, now I have to save both their asses.

"우리와함께오고있어 (you're coming with us)!" the first man yelled. Sean, dammit, do something! You're the master of escape!

But no, Sean didn't do anything. Instead he just allowed himself to be pinned down by those men. What is wrong with him?! Is he an undercover agent or something?

"도대체뭐하는? 가자! (What the heck are you doing? Let me go!)" Ji yelled, struggling to get off the second man's arms.

"그만고집이되고 (Stop being stubborn)," the first man hissed. I sighed and turned the safety latch of my gun off. I pulled out a mask I used back for a masquerade party and put it on. Those thugs aren't the only ones who have to stay anonymous.

I pulled all my hair into a ponytail and ran towards the men. I effortlessly disarmed the man holding Sean and elbowed him in the head, knocking him unconscious. The man holding Ji held his gun closer to Ji's head.

"What is wrong with you?!" I screeched at Sean. "Can't you ever do anything right?" Sean was about to respond, but I held my hand up and held my pistol up and aimed it at the man's head.

"내가당신을내리고왕자드롭 10 초 (I am giving you ten seconds to put the prince down)," I warned the man.  He just laughed at me and kept his gun pointed at Ji. Oh no he didn't! He did not just laugh at me! Nobody laughs at Charlie Medria! Nobody! At rage, I shot the hand that held the gun. It bled like hell, but he let go of the gun and concentrated at his shot hand.

"지긍당신은그를갈갓이다있습니까? (Now will you put him down?)" I asked. He gave me a scared look and ran away. That's right, bastard. Run away. Run away like the little wuss you are. I helped Ji up and fixed his blonde wig. That's was when I slapped him in the face.

"YOU FREAKING IDIOT!" I yelled. "WHY DID YOU JUST GO OFF WITH SEAN IN THE NIGHT, MIGHT I ADD? DO YOU KNOW THAT YOUR POSITION IS COMPROMISED? AND BESIDES, WHAT IF SEAN HERE IS A MUGGER, HUH? YOU'RE JUST GONNA TRUST HIM WITH YOUR MONEY AND-."

"Charl-ah," Ji said quietly. I shut my rambling and looked him, seeing red. "I didn't understand what you just said."

I face-palmed. Clearly Ji needed to improve his English. I then turned to Sean to let out my rage.

"AND YOU!" I pointed at Sean. "WHY THE HELL DID YOU LEAVE THE AGENCY UNARMED? AND WHEN YOU WERE TACKLED BY THE DUDE, YOU DIDN'T EVEN DEFEND YOURSELF?"

"I was in shock, Charlie-," he said, but I held up a hand to shut him up.

"No, save it. If you really did like me, you wouldn't try and ruin my career," I said. He knows that being a prodigy agent means the world to me. If I lost my job, I am nothing. My mission with Ji is one of my biggest missions. If I fail to protect him, it'll cost my job, and I can't risk that.

I walked a few steps away from him and turned around, waiting for Ji to follow. I didn't want him being around an unarmed agent.

***

"I think you were too harsh on Sean," Ji said for the millionth time tonight. It was a Friday, and I was watching jacksfilms's new episode of Your Grammar Sucks when Ji just burst in here and started complaining about how I was so hard on Sean. Well I'm sorry your dear highness, if my bickering was too much for Sean to take in.

"Haven't you ever thought that if Sean didn't bring you to that wretched place unarmed, you would've been home safe and sound?" I snapped at him.

"Maybe Sean-ya needed some saving too," he suggested. I shook my head. Sean is the second top-prodigy in our agency. There is no way he would need saving.

"Look, why are you making excuses for him anyways?" I snapped again.

"He deserves a second chance," he said. I thought about it. Even when we were kids and Sean and I were training partners, I loathed him. Why, you might ask? It's because they all looked down on my because I was a girl. They had higher expectations for Sean, because he seemed like a fit and smart young man. But when I began surpassing his level, people were shocked. How could a little girl beat Sean de Guzman, son of the OWP's chairman? And to think that he even told Ji he liked me?! The nerve of him! We were supposed to hate each other!

"I gave him too many chances already Ji-ya," I told him. "This is one unforgivable screw up."

"But why-?"

"Ji, I am as worried as hell about you. Not just because you're my friend, but because your my responsibility. Your country trusts me to take care of you. If I fail to do that, I have not only failed the agency but the entire Korea, embarrassing the Philippines in the process. You going off with Sean? I tell you that was a very dickhead move of his to take you out unarmed, so to make both of us happy please don't involve yourself with Sean too much."

"But Charl-ya..."

"Please, Ji-ya?" I begged. "You have no idea how much this agent-thing means to me. I'll be nothing if I'm not an agent."

He gave me a sad look and a big bear hug.

"Okay, Charl-ya," he said quietly.

-------

Ji just can't make Charlie's life any easier, can he? xD Anyways, double update! I hope you like this chapter :) Please vote and fan if you did :) 

Song by the side is Problem by Ariana Grande :)