6|seeing stars

6|seeing stars • • • BRANDY felt as if the day had gone by in a flash, a flash of exposure and heartbreak

6|seeing stars
• • •
BRANDY felt as if the day had gone by in a flash, a flash of exposure and heartbreak. She felt as if it wasn't real, she sure as hell hoped it wasn't. But she knew for a fact it was real, the sad reality is that everything for her would change.

She use to be at the top, sure she always felt a little insecure but now she felt completely naked standing in a room with everyone starting at her.

The rumours that had spread only within one day of the photos being posted up around the school had sky rocketed to the point of no return.

Brandy had spent her day by the quarry with her hands clasped around a bottle and her head on another planet. She had drowned her sorrows, pain and insecurities in her common addictions. She didn't mind one bit, she need it, all of it.

But there was a problem, a big one. She didn't feel numb like she had hoped to, she felt silent. Before it felt like she could explode with emotion and now she felt as that the pain was eating her inside out.

But the only thing on Brandy's mind was what her home life would be like. Surely Brenda wouldn't speak to her, no one would.

And she was correct because as soon as she stepped through her front door with shaky legs her sisters door slammed shut from upstairs. Brandy rolled her eyes before walking up the long case of stairs.

And as soon as she stepped into her room her long legs shook and gave out from beneath her. She landed straight into her bed and flopped down.

And her eyes closed from an influenced haze.

* * *

It had been a week. One long and utterly infuriating week. She had avoided going to class because she couldn't handle the judgemental stares from both her peers and the teachers.

Brandy went straight from school to her room where she spent most of her time drinking, and sometimes she would sneak out to attend an out of town party.

But mostly her life was hell. She had avoided the losers club completely, afraid of what they would say. Her sister was avoiding her, and frankly Brandy preferred it like that. The rest of the school only whispered and stared.

Brandy truly felt like a loner. She was completely and utterly alone, and that scared her. She was terrified of being alone, she was use to always having someone to talk to.

And now she had no one.

Brandy had spotted the losers club a few times and they had now recruited a hot red head who she had learned was named Beverly.