FACECLAIMS

FACECLAIMS

THE face claim of your oc is what your readers are going to visualize throughout the storyline

THE face claim of your oc is what your readers are going to visualize throughout the storyline. Picking the right face claim is vital for the plot line because if the face claim does not fit the character then the story starts to seem a little off. So how do you pick the right faceclaim?

FIRST OF ALL, know your setting. The walking dead is not a place where they have fancy clothes and are having a good time sipping their tea and eating crumpets. They are in a zombie apocalypse, trying to survive so they are dirty and mucky people. Your face claim should exemplify some of these characteristics considering they are in an apocalypse.

For example, a bad face claim for the walking dead would be Taylor Swift. Why? Because Taylor Swift is a international superstar who personally I can't visualize killing zombies and having blood all over her (not saying that Taylor Swift could never do that). A good example of a face claim would be Tracy Spiridakos. Tracy was a lead role in the television series Revolution which was all about survival so her character knew how to get down and dirty. See how the two and two work?

SECONDLY, if you are writing a story for a specific character make sure your face claim is in the same age rang as them! If you are writing a Carl Grimes fic don't use a twenty year old actor/actress and in your story story age him or her down. There are plenty of faceclaims that could work for the walking dead around Carl's age. Same thing goes for the adults. If you are writing a story for Daryl don't use a teenage girl and age her up!

THIRD OF ALL, be unique! In fan fictions face claims are constantly repeated so maybe think outside of the box and use someone who has never been used before! It's a nice refresher to the readers to see a brand new face in a story that we have never or barley ever see.

Another tip is to make sure the face claim fits your characters description. If in your story you describe them as this blonde girl with hazel eyes and then use a face claim with brown hair and brown eyes it's just going to confuse your readers. This goes for personality too. If you have this quiet and conservative character don't use someone who is typically bold and loud. Try and find a face claim who you can picture having these qualities.

ALSO, not everyone is perfect! Don't spend hours and hours trying to find this perfect face claim because to be truthful everyone is different in their own way which brings the beauty to the story!

SO, what really makes a good faceclaim? Try bringing in unique face claims and think outside the box! Let your creative juices flow and find the perfect match that fits your character.