MENTAL ILLNESS

MENTAL ILLNESS

WHEN, having an character who has been diagnosed with an mental illness, you should know its symptoms, medications and treatments in hope to ease whatever illness your character has

FIRST OF ALL, having a mental illness isn't something that should be romanticized. Though with your character crossing paths with another and somewhat feeling safe around them, they should still have depression, ptsd or whatever illness you've granted them.

SECONDLY, when writing off a mental illness research is the key. Knowing the symptoms, medications and the treatments needed makes it's easier writing out the plot of your story and your characters background. And sometimes, when just writing out a mental illness without researching can sometimes cause you to lose support in those who've have and who is suffering with those issues.

THIRDLY, also know the real meaning behind what your character suffers with. Make your readers understand the agony of your characters disbelief that they have not come in terms with in order to survive in the state that their in.

HOPEFULLY, this chapter has helped you as in by bringing more depth into your character by not only making your story more realistic, but your character more realistic as well!