⏤ ten

[ YUTO'S POV ]

"I'll take these kids." is what they're saying before our happiness took by their dirty ass life.

Me and Akari were left by our parents, it's not like they couldn't take care us again. It's just I don't have any idea why are they left us. In this small orphanage.
But still, I rather live on that small house rather than living with our new parents. Ugly and Old Stepparents or you could say.

Everyday. Every fucking day they couldn't let us breath even for a second. The old man would beat my ass out if I don't obeyed his orders. It's not like I can't fight him. It's because my fist is still too small to punch his ugly face.
I tried once to ran away from the house and it was a nightmare.

When I got back because I don't know where to run, Akari was all got beaten up by the old man. I can't do anything except crying and begging to stop it.
The old lady just sit right next to Akari who's got beaten up. I swore to god that that's my worst nightmare until now.

So I stop running away and following whatever he asked.

Every night. I'm asking myself. What did me and my sister's fault that we're so miserable like this.
Akari once told me that our parents will see us again. Again. When is again?
Our mother of the orphanage also once told me the same thing.
But again. When is again means?

I grew up with wounds all over my body, breathing the air of the Old Man's cigarettes.

Except Akari. I'll kill them for sure if they laid a single hand on her again.
Making sure no new wounds on her. She's sure almost got killed by a baseball bat. Are they lost their mind?
Nah. They are more than losing their mind. They are insane. Crazy ass couple.

When I reached my coming of age. The Old Man didn't beats me hardly like before. He is still punching and kicking me though. But I can hold back the pain. It's not that hard like before anyway.

One day, one of the maid told me that the family owned a cafe. But it's in South Korea.
I gritted my teeth.
"I can't stand you're being treated like this from master." said the maid as she clasped her palms.

The family were rich, so the loss of some credit cards are a piece of cake. They wouldn't even noticed anyway.

"Nee-san. Let's get out from here."
Akari just looked at me for a second before she laughed and continue reading a book again, "are you crazy? They could beat us up and find us in no time. They have henchman to catch us at anytime if we ran away,"
I sighed. Yes. I know they would. But I don't want us to end up as their next moneymaker. I don't want them keep beating the shit of our lives.

"And where are we going to hide if we ran away?"
"One of the maids told me that they have a cafe in south korea-,"
"So what? Are you going to fly there? They have a 180° different cultures from us. Different languages from us. Don't joke around here."
"Hate to break it to you sis. I learn Korean in school. It's a piece of cake."

I saw Akari thinking bout the another way.
And didn't expecting an answer from her.

"I'll stay here."
I widened my eyes.
"I am sorry what? Miss do you want to get killed here? My plan is leaving this hell and those two demons and it'll not just myself,"
"I know. But I could take care of this, besides I'm not a little kid anymore... and.. Mom already going easy on me.." Said her as she patted my head.
"No. Nah. I'm taking you out with me."