A Difficult Introduction

Nothing ever really seemed to go right. Every time Romano tried to do something, it was either ruined or criticized. The Italian was only a child, but people seemed to cut him no slack, especially when it came to adults like Austria. To him, Romano always appeared as a lazy, loud-mouthed, stubborn little boy, unlike his little brother. Everyone always seemed to like Feliciano more.

Feliciano was always sweet and kind, and also knew how to cook and clean very well. He was great with art and trade, and everyone loved him. Everyone always recognized Feliciano as "Italy", which always annoyed Romano. Both represented the nation, with Feliciano being the Northern part and Romano being the South. 

So, it was no surprise when Austria gave Romano to Antonio, the personification of Spain. Antonio had always wanted an underling; someone he could teach to grow up and be like him. However, he was clueless to the fact that Romano wasn't going to give him an easy time.

"Mr. Austria! Please!" Feliciano tugged at Roderich's sleeve, bawling when he heard that his brother was leaving. "Please don't take my fratello away from me!" Despite all of Feliciano's pleas and cries, Austria wasn't going to pass up an opportunity to give away the lazy Italian. Of course, Romano wasn't too happy about this either, but not he nor his brother could do anything about it. They were only children, and they had to do as told.

Antonio, on the other hand, was nothing but excited when he got Romano. "I finally have an underling!" He could hardly wait for the moment that he got home. He was sure that since Feliciano was so innocent and kind that Romano would be the same way. 

Boy, was he wrong. As soon as he opened the door, Romano was there, taking an afternoon nap. 

He's probably just tired from traveling, Antonio thought, smiling. "Romano! Wake up!" Now, Spain was also mistaken for another thought: that he could boss Romano around. After all, Feliciano always had to follow Roderich's orders, so why would it be any different.

The young Italian stirred in his sleep, sitting up and rubbing his eyes with tiny fists before glaring at the Spaniard standing before him. "Hnngh... What? What do you want?"

Antonio was a little surprised at Romano's sudden rudeness, but guessed that he was just a little cranky from being woken up. "Right. You know who I am right?" the Spaniard asked to start off.

"Si, you're that Spanish idiota who separated me and my brother," Romano grumbled, folding his arms.

Antonio frowned, "No, no. I did take you in as my province, but I'm not an idiot." He thought for a moment before continuing, "So, now that you're my province, that makes me your boss, so you have to do everything I say, okay?"

Romano raised an eyebrow, quizzically. "Tch, if I wanted to be bossed around by someone, I'd listen to some sexy lady, but not you! No thanks, Spain."

"I don't think you're understanding me," Antonio huffed, suddenly realizing that this wasn't going to be as easy as he thought it'd be. "I'm your boss, and that means you HAVE to do EVERYTHING I say, so I say to clean my house!" 

"If you want something done, do it yourself. I didn't come here to be ordered around by you," the Italian scoffed in response.

Spain stood there in silence, not really sure what to say back. He was sure of one thing though: this was going to be one bumpy ride.