Getting Used to Things

It had been a few weeks since Romano had started living with Antonio, and to be honest, neither of the two were enjoying it. Antonio was trying his best to get along with the young Italian, but Romano was just too stubborn. To Antonio, all he did was make messes, wet himself (Antonio wasn't sure if it was on purpose or not), and was just unwilling to listen to instructions at all. The Spaniard was pretty much ready to give up.

Romano, on the other hand, thought that Spain was a lazy idiot who did nothing but order him around and criticize him, just like everyone else. He didn't mean to be so messy, and he actually tried doing what Antonio told him to do, but he ended up making even bigger messes that were nearly impossible to clean, so he gave up. Romano knew he was clumsy, but he tried to do his best, which he knew would never compare to what his brother was capable of. Spain would never understand.

Antonio had been gone for a number of days, leaving Romano at home to do all of the work. The Italian boy, like usual, was trying to clean up Antonio's office when he accidentally knocked one of the bookcases down, scattering books everywhere. The bookcase was too heavy for him to pick up, so he decided to clean up the books instead. He started stacking them in different piles, but then he found a book that wasn't like the rest. He picked it up curiously, opening the first page. Antonio's handwriting was scrawled across it.

A diary? Really? Romano thought to himself. What a wimp. He set it on Antonio's desk before continuing his job. There were so many books, and the Italian boy was getting a little impatient with organizing them. 

Eventually, he'd finished stacking most of them. Climbing into Antonio's seemingly-giant desk chair, he grabbed the diary and ran to his room.