Chapter 6~This is my fault

Adrien/Chat Noir POV

I was in the classroom talking to Nino about the movie we both were supposed to watch yesterday. 

"Dude! You should've been there! It was probably the best one of the series!" Nino exclaims. 

"Sorry Nino, I told you my dad had a sudden fashion shoot he didn't warn me about," I lie to him. I didn't have a photo shoot yesterday. I was out as Chat Noir defeating the akumatized person. We both chatted for a while until I saw Marinette come in. Wow is Marinette usually this pretty? Woah! Where did that come from? You're in love with Ladybug remember? I shook of the feeling and stared back at Marinette. Her shoulder were slumped as if she was tired and she dark circles under her eyes. She was wearing something different as well. Its was an over sized sweater with white jeans and a scarf that covered her neck. But what really caught my attention was that her hair wasn't in her normal pigtails. Today they were both un-done and flowing passed her shoulders. She stood there for a few seconds and blushed awkwardly. She walked pass quickly to her seat and had a conversation with Alya. After Marinette looked around the room and then her eyes met mine. My checks get hotter and I nervously laugh as I scratch the back of my neck. What is up with me today? I'm not falling for Marinette am I? I kept on thinking about until Mme Bustiers started to name the groups for the project. I sat patiently in the classroom waiting for Mme Bustier to finish calling out names. 

"... and finally Adrien, Brettany and Alya," Cool, I'm with Alya and (sigh) Brettany. Don't get me wrong! She's my friend and all but she kindahas  a huge crush on me. I mean, she makes it pretty obvious. (A/N: Yeah but Marinette doesn't?)

"Um, excuse me, but I have to be in a group with Adrikens! You better fix this our my daddy wi-" Chloe, no, please don't....

"Or your daddy will do nothing because this project is worth 30% of your grade," Mme Bustier snapped at Chloe, who stares embarrassed and says:

"Ridiculous, utterly ridiculous," and sits back down, frowning. Yes Mme Bustier! I smile in satisfaction seeing Chloe was put back in her place. I look up to see Alya whispering something to Marinette who giggles silently. Then I look even further up to see Brettany who just winks at me and smugly smiles. Wonder what's up with that face. I hear a groan behind me and I turn my head to see Marinette with her face buried in her arms. Alya gives me a puzzled look and shrugs. That's weird. Marinette hasn't been in a good mood these days. I wonder whats up with her. I shrugged of the strange feeling and snap back into reality when I see Brettany tugging on my shirt like a child whining:

"Adrikens! C'mon we have to work on the project and I don't want to work near these common folk!" I was taken back in surprise when she said those words.

"Brettany they're not common folk. They have feelings too, you know?" I tell her while frowning. She looks in disgust at them namely Marinette and scoffs. 

"I don't think you should be hanging around them anymore. Especially that Marinette girl. You have me now, you don't need them," she tells me pulling me up the stairs to where Alya was waiting patiently on her phone. What's wrong with Marinette? She's never done anything to Bretta- wait a second. Brettany probably did something to her or maybe Marinette did something that made Brettany mad. Maybe she- nah why bother. She gets mad at almost everything. I take a seat next to Alya with Brettany still attached to my arm. Alya raises an eyebrow as she motions towards Brettany.

(A/N: This whole conversation is what Adrien and Alya were mouthing out to each other)

"What's up with her?" Alya mouthed to me. I shrugged and mouthed back to her.

"I don't know?" She looked over my shoulder and frowned. She shakes her head and puts down her phone.

"So what are we going to do the project on?" She asks suddenly which causes Brettany to snap up and pull my arm harder.