Chapter 10~Different

Marinette POV

    "Tiffany huh?"  I ask the girl who stood in front of me cowering. She was a waitress at the restaurant I waited at. She was in a simple white dress and apron with a name tag.

    "Um... yes?" She replied uneasily. I snickered and looked through the menu. She twiddled with her thumbs and looked down at her toes.

    "Are you scared of me?" I randomly blurt out.

    "What?" She asked me as a shade red crossed her face in embarrassment.

" I asked if you were scared of me. You seem to be nervous standing around me," I comment pointing towards her still moving fingers.

"I-It's just that-that well...Y-You do look pretty scary," she mumbled pointing towards my outfit. I look down and I'm wearing something completely different from my "normal" outfit. I was in a blood red long sleeve shirt with rips on the sleeves and silver zippers around it. On top of that I had a black leather jacket with red accents around the arm sleeves. I was in black jeans with holes around the knee and calves and simple black boots with studs. My hair was still in pigtails but I had a black and red beanie covering the top half of my head. I did seem a bit more intimidating than usual.

"You think that wearing black makes me scary?" I ask with a hint of annoyance in my voice. She whimpered behind her notepad. But I could tell she was shaking in her shoes.

"Would you like to order something at any time?" She asked pointing at the menu. I grunted in pleasure knowing I had done my job.

"A mango smoothie with banana and a caesar salad," I say tossing the menu at her. She awkwardly catches and heads off. I sit up from my slouching position and look around. It was a bright and beautiful day. And I hated it. It was if the world wanted to be the opposite of me. I looked at my freshly painted nails that were a dark mahogany red. I sighed in boredom when I saw Tikki come out of my bag.

"Marinette you-you look different," she says as she looked up and down at my outfit.

"You said that this morning," I point out rolling my eyes. She looked at me a small pout and went back into my bag. Fighting your Kwami alreadyyyyyyy? You're evennnnn younger thannnn I wassssssss.... What? Who was that voice. Am I crazy?  Perrrrhapssssss..... Ok, who are you? And why are you talking to me? You knowwwwww.....

"You're smoothie and salad," Tiffany interrupted my thoughts setting down the plate in front of me.

"Th-," I almost say before stopping myself. Cut it out Marinette. You don't say thank you anymore.

"Bye," I spat out as she leaves with one last nervous glance before finally leaving. As I watch her leave a twinge of guilt over takes me. Did I really just do that? What's wrong with me? I snap out of it when a dark aroma shrouds my thoughts. Snap out of itttttttttt.... Ha! She deserved it. She interrupted my thoughts. I pick up my drink and take a big sip of it. I pleasantly  sigh. There's just some things that don't ever change. Ok new rule. When I become evil, I will drink mango, banana smoothies my whole life. (AN: Me too girl. Me too.) I take my fork and start to poke at my salad. I pour the sauce over it and eat a piece after piece. Once I'm finished I leave ten dollars on my table pick up my drink and grab my backpack. I march off to the school with a permanent scowl on my face. I head off into the school and the hallways are empty. I look down at my phone to see it was already 9:02. Late!? Psh. Whatever. I stride the empty hallway and head off into the class. As I step in everyone stares at me with open mouths especially Alya, Nino and Adrien.  

"I wonder if you left your mouths open long enough they would attract flies," I snap back at them as they all close their mouths and yield their eyes. I march into the classroom the sound of my boots clicking away as I take a seat next to Alya. She looks at me like she was going to talk but then shuts her mouth and looks down at her paper. Mme Bustier stands up and hands me a paper with instructions to write a paragraph on apologies. I look up to her with an quizzical face as I raise my eyebrow. Is she seriously making me write an apology paper! Like seriously the class should be giving me these paragraphs. I stand up and head down to her desk.