Thalia learns more about Percy

🐺Third-person🐺

Thalia refused to leave Percy's side for the rest of the day. Percy was thinking if he should tell Thalia about his life sense Thalia told him about herself. It was a battlefield in his mind and with Thalia not leaving him alone and sometimes hugging him to make sure he was real he felt sure that Thalia really cared about him. He remembered when earlier before they had started the quest and Annabeth was still in the attic he had walked in on Chris, a son of Hermes who joined Ethan, and Clarisse. Chris muttering nonsense and Clarisse taking care of him. He knew that Thalia would do the same to him that night as he stared at the ceiling of his cabin with the sound of Tyson lightly snoring away. He was sure of what he had to do. He got up and walked over to Thalia and shook her awake. She saw him and nodded. She put on the jacket he gave her and gave him a thumbs up. He leads her to their branch on her tree.

⚡️Thalia's POV⚡️

Percy sat downs and I leaned against him. His body heat making me warmer by the minute.

"There something you want to talk about?" I asked him. He had been in a daze all day and I knew something was wrong.

"You know how you told me about your past, even though you told it to everyone, so I thought I would tell you about my past more than I have." He said. I looked at him.

I told him looking him in the eye. "You don't have to it you don't want to."

"But I do."

"Then go ahead." He took a deep breath and began.

"When I was a kid before I joined the hunt and my birth mom was still alive she met a man. I've known about this man since I was two years old. He was nice to us. He made me feel better about my dad leaving me and mom. A year later when he married my mother he was nice for about a day before he showed his true colors. He was a world-class jerk. Played poker, smoked, and drank until he was as drunk as a pig.

"He yelled at me to come downstairs one night. He was drunk off his butt. He also smelled retched and I nicknamed him smelly Gabe. I walked over to him scared and he threw his beer bottle at me. It hit me in my shoulder and chest. He started to punch and kick me until my mother came home.

"By the time I was three-and-a-half I couldn't feel the part of my body that he would hit me. I—it j—just go—got worse. When I was four years old he went too far and he—." He was shuddering so badly at this part. "He was beating me for coming home late from either preschool or daycare. He took out a gun and he sh—shot it at me. It went straight through my shoulder. My mother came running inside the apartment and pushed smelly Gabe which made the gun go off again. It grazed both Mina and my mother's arm. We ran off into the night.

"We ran into a monster that killed my mother and Artemis took me in. Whenever the hunter touched me, lifted a hand, or held a sharp object I would get scared and run for it afraid. Afraid they would hurt me." I was crying into his shirt and he wrapped his arms around me. His eyes glazed over as if remembering what happened. I understood why he always had the hoodie on now. So no one would know he was abused as a child. I hugged him tightly. He never told me about this before what made him tell me now. At least I know why he never feels comfortable when given love or kindness because he had none, to begin with, or at least not without it being ripped away.

Words:687
Hey, guys sorry for the short chapter. By the way, who does this remind you of?

I want you to tell me who you get reminded of

I want you to tell me who you get reminded of. Any way I'm repeating myself so by guys enjoy.