seven

chapter seven// march 23,2014 

day fifteen

It was Saturday, six o'clock in the morning. It was way too early for me to be awake, but Aron needed to talk to me, and whatever it was must be important. I sat sleepy eyed on the couch, waiting for Aron to return with the tea he always drank when he was stressed. Though I was tired, I was quite anxious to see why the hell Aron had me awake four hours before I needed to be. Aron finally arrived, the smell of Ginger Tea filling the room, he took a seat in front of me, his tea cup in one hand and a white envelope in the other. It reminded me of the old times. I used to slack off alot during my last few years of highschool. Aron would always be in the same position he was in now with my report card in his hand. Except now, mom wasn't by his side with a disapproving look on her face. "Open this up." He stated, tossing the flimsy envelope on the table. Hesitantly, I grabbed it, opening it up. Inside of it laid a wad full of cash. Fuck. 

"Damn.." I trailed on, for I had yet to think of an excuse. Aron rose an eyebrow. "Is it yours?" He asked. There was no point of denying it, my name was written across it with bright red letters. I nodded. "Yes, it's mine." I answered. Aron leaned forward. "Why were you mailed six grand?" He asked. I was usually the queen of fibbing growing up, but now, my brain refused to think of a logical explanation. "It's work money." I spat out. Aron chuckled. "You think I'm fucking stupid? You've never gotten paid this much, and if you did, we wouldn't be living in this ramshackle condo!" Aron yelled. I winced. "Please, Ayako is sleeping." I stated warning. Aron took a deep breath. "Don't tell me you're selling drugs." Aron stated. No, but I'm selling my body.

"I'm not! Just listen, damn it." I stated, getting aggravated at Aron for being so stern. "It's work money. I didn't get paid for a couple of months because I was on probation, told them I needed the money, so they mailed it to me." I stated, happy with myself for finally thinking up a reasonable explanation. Aron sucked his teeth, staring at me long and hard. Finally, he got up. "Take your money." He stated, almost degrading. I knew he was hurt, for he never had the chance to hold that amount of money in his hand, and here was I, the younger sister, with more money than he made in six months. I wanted to help him, but I needed the money. I got up from my seat, heading towards my bedroom and locking the door. I headed towards the closet, dragging the safe out and sat down on the course carpet.

The safe itself had ten grand, and the money I stole from Brenden (plus the money from Caden) made it nineteen hundred dollars. I was so close, and I needed the money as soon as possible. Grabbing my phone, I sent a quick text to Emmanuel letting him know  that I wasn't going in to work today. Next thing I knew, I was dialing up Caden's number. I had no idea if Nevaeh was still around, but if she wasn't, I was going to work today, and Caden was going to like it. The phone rang and rang, until finally, on the sixth ring, Caden's voice filled the phone. "Hello?" He stated. His voice was sleepy and so attractive. It wasn't until then that I remembered it was only six o'clock in the morning. "Fuck, sorry to wake you up. I was wondering if you needed me to come in and work today?" I asked, practically begging him.

Caden let out a dry chuckle. "You want to work? After all that shit you pulled at Jordan's party? Hell nah." He answered. "Caden come on. I need the money. Like really bad." I stated. Caden's line was silent, and I was desperately praying that he hadn't hung up. "I'll pick you up at ten." Caden stated. I practically squealed in excitement. "Thank you," I said, before hanging up. I was going to go back to sleep for a few more hours before I headed out to work. I knew I was going to need all the rest I could get.

It was a chilly night, Jermaine and I were back at our spot across from the Five Guys. Jermaine was surrounded by his people, and I was surrounded by their hoes. Jermaine had his arm wrapped around my shoulder as they tossed dice for the bag of cocaine that was in the middle of the four guys. "This one's for you baby." Jermaine stated, he let the dice fall out of his hand, rolling onto the floor. "Man fuck you!" The guys erupted once they saw the number. Jermaine chuckled, reaching out and grabbing the bag. He handed it to me, which I immediately smiled. "Let's find us a place where we can blow." I stated. I grabbed his hand, taking charge. Thanks to Jermaine, I knew my way around town. There was an old warehouse around the way, and I knew we could snort there without being interrupted by anybody.