First proper date... pt.1

Mikes POV:

                 I tipped the cashier as I left with a bouquet of roses. I unlocked my bike, then set off. A couple days ago, I realized that I've never really been on a proper date with El, so today was the day! 

I've never been so nervous in my life. "You got this." I whispered repeatedly, like a broken record. Finally a perfect day, without demogorgons, and without some red-headed tomboy trying to bother us, it was just me and El. 

Elevens POV: 

                "What do I wear?" I quivered frantically, as I walked into Nancy's room. I was going out with Mike, and I wanted to look good. Or even better, pretty.

"Don't worry, I've planned everything out. This dress, these slippers, and some makeup." Nancy gathered  up El's outfit, and dumped it on her bed. She handed the clothing over to Eleven, and placed the shoes at her feet. Then, she took out some blush and lipstick, with a mischievous grin.

"What?" El backed up nervously. "Oh, you know. Lipstick on a date means.." Nancy twirled around dreamily. 

"Oh, kiss? We've already done that a couple times." El confessed quietly. Nancy threw her head back in laughter. Then she glammed up El. "There. All done! Mike will be breathless." El nodded, agreeing. "I sure hope so."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The date!

Mike and El thinking at the same time:

            The plan is to meet each other at the park, then walk to the restaurant to get burgers, and milkshakes. Couldn't be hard, could it?

Eleven's POV: 

         Nancy finished dolling me up, then called Steve. 

"Hey, umm.. it's been a while. Look, I'm not calling because I miss you or anything, but Jane needs a ride to Charlestown state park." "Wait, Nance-- I mean Nancy,.. (screams internally)  why does she need a ride?" "Oh, just a date to catch."

After adding another layer of lip gloss, Nancy sent me down to the drive way to see Steve. *Deep breaths.* All I ask, is that there is NOTHING to do with the upside down. Soon, I see Steve rolling up to the curb.

"Hey Jane, hop in. Seems like driving kids is a regular thing for me now." Steve chuckled. He was avoiding eye contact with Nancy... I got into the seat beside him. he hesitated to leave, but he called after her before starting the engine. 

"Hey, Nancy?" Then things got emotional. Like in the movies I watched with Hopper, he ran up to her and (out of nowhere) kissed her! I saw some shocked smiles, some laughs, and some hugs. What was it called? Oh, yeah. Making up.

Later, Steve dropped me off. I saw my Mikey nervously pacing around the park bench. It was soo cute that I could have hidden for another ten minutes, just to watch him waiting. But he saw me first.

"EL!!!" He embraced me in a warm hug, and beamed. "I thought maybe Nancy told you weird things about me, so you didn't want to come. I'm so happy you're here!"

I nodded, smiling as well. It was going to be a good night.