The dream

Mike's POV:

Today was just like any other day- Facing Max (the annoying red head who was always trying to get into our party), having deep conversations with Will, and arguing with my stubborn older sister Nancy.

As soon as school was out, I biked home and ran up to my room. I felt empty, considering that I would usually see El smiling, as she greeted me at the door. Mom and Dad weren't home, and Nancy was elsewhere. I felt alone. Not only physically, but something was missing.

I traveled to the basement, and stood there for a second. Then I yelled, "El! Please come back! I need you right now!" I tried to fight back tears, but noticed that it was useless. No one was there to see anyway, or so I thought.

"Mike, are you okay?" A quiet voice came from the stairs. I turned around to see Will, with a puzzled expression across his face. Mom probably let him in, before she left to town.

I wiped the tears from my eyes, and straightened up a bit. "Oh, hey Will. I was just kinda... doing something." I looked down, so that my damp eyes wouldn't be visible. Will approached me, and nodded knowingly. 

"It's Eleven, isn't it?"

I muttered a silent "yeah", as we took a seat on the couch. It was quiet for a while, and then he spoke up. "The way you explained her, makes her sound like a really cool girl. I mean, she saved me from the upside down! And I don't even know her." Will tried to console me.

To be honest, she saved majority of us. I would have been dead, if she didn't stop me from falling off the cliff. So would Dustin if she wasn't there to beat Troy and James up. She also flipped the bad men's van over, when they were coming for us! But remembering all this, only made me guilty with that one question: Why couldn't I save her?

Will stayed for dinner, and went home shortly after. I stayed up all night, trying to signal El with my radio, but nothing worked. I was too tired to continue, so I ended up dozing off in El's fort.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mike? Where are you?"

 I couldn't speak. The familiar voice seemed to get closer, with footsteps that followed.

"Mike, I'm coming. I promise."

I recognized the voice to be El's voice. I was trying so hard to  say something, but I couldn't. I wanted to scream in frustration! 

"Mike," The voice paused for a while. 

El? why'd you stop? I thought. The only thing that I could hear, were light footsteps coming towards me. Just when the footsteps stopped in front of me, El spoke up again.

"Mike, do you still love me?"

"YES! EL! I still love you!!" I woke up breathing hard, and sweating. A tear drop rolled down my face, and shattered on my bed. It had all been a dream.

I jumped out of bed, and quickly got dressed. 

Eleven's POV:

It had been only a couple of days since Hopper found me in the woods, stalking off with the eggos. We stayed in an old house, that we eventually cleaned up. It used to be Hopper's house.

I asked why I couldn't communicate with Mike, and He explained to me that it was too dangerous, and that the bad men were recording everything. If they knew that I was in Hawkins, they would take me back, and I would be mistreated again.

I also wasn't allowed to go outside of the house, so I was at home crying all day!

Last night, I was desperate to tell Mike that I was back, and that I wanted to see him. So instead of radio connection, I tried to tell him in my sleep.

I think my message went through, because I heard Mike's breathing in my dream. But no answer to my question. I tried to fall asleep again to find an answer. Still no answer.