Chapter 3

I looked at the huge house. It was more like a mansion the a house. Once Mitchell stopped the truck, I got out of the SUV and got my luggage.

"Here, let me help you you that Kori" He said as I had some trouble getting out my biggest suitcase.

"I got it, Mitchell" I said quietly. He just looked at me as I finally tugged the suitcase out the trunk.

"Where am I staying?" I asked, looking away from his gaze.

"On the second floor. Don't worry though, me and Amber already set up your room! The doors already unlocked, so go right in."  he said trying to sound happy.

"Okay. Thanks." I said as I turned around and walked up to the mansion instead of waiting for him. I opened the door and was stunned by the decor. Amber had to do all this, Mitchell wasn't the decorative type of guy.

I heard voices coming my way and quickly found the staircase. I ran up it, leading to the second floor.

As I looked across the second floor, I noticed that there was a ton of doors. Which door was the one to my room? I had no idea. Suddenly, the 4th door on the left opened. I almost ran back downstairs, thinking it was Amber, until I realised it was my brother.

Once Ryan fully exited his room and noticed it was me standing there, he ran to hug me.

"Kori! My God, I haven't seen you in ages!" Ryan said happily while hugging me. I hugged him back, more than generously. I had missed him so much. He might be annoying sometimes, but he was still my brother.

As we let go of each other, I began to go over my brother. He had gotten taller and may I say buffer. His red aburn hair had grown out and was long enough to wipp. His green emerald eyes still held the childish sparkle in them.

"Ry! Stop growing. One day I want to be taller than you." I said jokingly. He chuckled.

"Nah. I'd rather be bigger than my little sister." Ryan said. I did a fake gasp and punched his arm.

"I am not little!" I said.

"Yeah, and zebra's are purple" He said sarcasticly. I pouted as he laughed at me and ruffled my hair.

"Hey. Do you know where your room is? It's right across from me." Ryan said, pointing to 4th door on the right. I nodded my head and walked to the door.

"I'll see you later Ry!" I said enthusiasticly. He waved at me and went somewhere downstairs, leaving me on the second floor.

When I opened my door all I could say was "wow". The room was huge!

It had thick white carpeting with lavender silk all over the walls. A giant crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling and the enormous closet was lined with mirrors. At least twenty vases of lavender roses were scattered about the room. In the corner was the biggest bed that I have ever seen.

There was a canopy bed with white silk curtains parting it open. The comforter was a billowy purple satin and covered with hundred soft pillows. There was even a flat screen Tv implanted in the wall. I slowly pulled out my iphone and took a picture of all this. I walked to the bed, still in a daze, and sent the picture to mom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Mom) I'm so jealous! lol how's the trip so far?

(Kori) Me and.....dad got into an argument but its ok now i guess. But I did get to see Ry! :D