Chapter 4

I fell back on my bed and sighed. I looked at the digital clock that also happened to be in my room. It read 6:15. When I got back home, thanks to Amber forcing me to come back, Mitchell said I just hato come try her cuisine. I grabbed a pillow and snuggled up with it, closing my eyes, not hungry, but not full either.

"Dreally feel like going down thereMaybe can just-" A knock at my door interrupted my thoughts and quietly told the said person to come in. That person was Ryan, coming in with a unmistaking smirk.

"You're not getting out of dinnerI  wil drag you down there if have to." He said with that smug face he gets when he threatens people. I snuggled up more with my pillow.

"But I'm tiredpleaseCover for me?" I asked with my signature puppy-dog-eyes. He chuckled.

"Sorrybut no." He said walking over to me, probably getting ready to drag me out of bed.

"Why?! It's not like you get anything out of me being there" I snapped as he began pulling my legs, me trying to kick him away.

"get to see my sisterAnd as plus get to see you get in trouble at dinner tonight." He answered.

"But I didn'do anything!" I said in between my giggles and he dragged me out of my room.

"That's not what dad said" He said happily, pulling me without a problem.

@The_Dinning_Table

When Ryan and me got to the table Ryan had a red, slapped arm while my hair was a mess. Dad looked at us skeptically, but then changed the expression on his face to one of humor, saying that we looked just like we did when we were kids. When the food was given out, I couldn't help but be awed at Amber's cooking skills. She may have taken my....dad away, but she could cook.

"It's Chicken Fricassee with Tarragon. It's a classic French stew of chicken and vegetables, cooked in white wine and finished with a touch of cream. The light tarragon-infused sauce, to me, begs to be sopped up with crusty bread." Amber said sweetly as she saw me eye the delicious dish.

"don't really care what it isit taste delicious" I said genuinely, with a small smile, for once.

I saw Mitchell at the corner of my eye, smiling. This was fairly calm.....that is until Ryan cut in.

"Isn't there something you had to say to Koridad?"Ryan said with fake sweetness.

Suddenly the room became cold and as I looked again at Mitchell, his eyes were glared at me while Amber quitely excused herself from the room.

"So any boy troubles lately?" Mitchell says coldy. 

I blinked my eyes. Once, twice. And then came the laughter. I laughed so hard I swear I was going to piss myself.

"Is that what this was about" I said inbetween my laughter.

Mitchell and Ryan both looked at me as if I were crazy.

"Boy troubles? The closest thing I have to boy troubles is Ry over here, but even that is pushing the title" I said, telling half-the-truth.

Mitchell's face fell as he began to take in what I said while Ryan looked as if he favorite TV show had ended.

"I just- Amber told me she dropped you off to see some guy. I've never really had the chance to scare the boy away when he picks you up for a date kind of thing" He said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

Even though that fact had been caused by himself, I smiled at the joke. Atleast I was trying.