Negociating with Parents/Family

When you want a ride, to extend a pick-up time, or let a friend get a ride with you, your close family can sometimes be there to help.
Depending on your parents, guardians, or older sibling, they'll be varying levels of flexible and chill, to bitter and stubborn.

The number one way to get your parent (or anyone for that matter!) to help you out with a last minute plan change is to "NOT FORCE THEM". Forcing and manipulation makes people dig their feet in.

Example: You stayed after school to make up a quiz. Your parent/guardian is picking you up, but then you run into a friend and you wanna hang out with them. You want some more time before your ride comes, so......?

Here's what you do: you ask your parent/guardian as soon as you realize this. But DON'T try forcing them with begging, bribing, pouting, etc.
*(You could offer a favor in return but don't do this often, or it may seem like your forever "get out of jail free" card. And if/when you do offer favors, be sure to fill out your end of the bargain!)
Just ask politely.

And if they can't or don't want to, then that's just how it's gonna be. If you for pester them, they'll be more willing to help you in the future.