Ch.1 Harvey

I was walking home from school one day. Well actually it was the worst day ever. How was I supposed to know who was who. But that evening on my way home i had my earbuds in. Blurring out the world and its various sounds. I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder. I jumped. When I turned around it was a boy. A very handsome boy. He had blond hair and bright blue ocean eyes. He was kind of muscular. He had a green blue backpack wrapped around his shoulder, gripping onto his plaid jacket over his white shirt which was gently layed onto his blue jeans. I reluctantly pulled an earbud out. "Yes?" I said a little irritated. "What's your name?" he asked curiously. I turned around and kept walking.

Oh lord he has a British accent I thought to myself.

He caught up soon after. He walked right in front of me. But I didn't stop walking. So he started walking backwards. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Trying to get your attention." he said generously. "Why? " I asked confused.

What would a boy like him want to associate with a girl like me?

As he went to answer I was already at my home. I started to walk up when he spoke.

"Well id like to get to know you because I'm new and well I have no friends " he said laughing. "What?" I replied. This kid looked like the popular type.

"Yeah and ironicly it turns out your my neighbor." he said. I looked over and saw a moving truck and a tall curvy woman with thick blonde hair waving to this boy.

"Oh" I said emotionless.

"I'm Harvey, Harvey Cantwell" he said, holding out his hand .

"Olivia Selman" I said, shaking his hand.

"Olivia, I like that name" he said .

"Harvey's a nice name too"

"I like your shoes" he said looking down.

Oh goodness I was dressed so badly. I wore a grey shirt with a pocket labeled "trouble maker " in black and some black jeans with holes in the knees and some black converse with Grey laces.

"Thanks" I said blushing some.

"No problem so ill see you later?" he said enthusiastically.

"Sure" I said.

I turned and walked to my yard. I instantly ran up stairs and sat in my bed thinking. What the heck just happened. Then I did my homework and my mother soon came home. She always comes at 7 exactly. As for my father, he practically lived at work in his office. Every now and then he came home. My mother knocked on my door gently. I practically yelled, "come in".

She opened my door and instantly asked. "How was school dear?"

"It was okay I guess".

As usual I avoid telling her things. Only because I know she'll end up complaining to the school and im not down for snitching. "Well then that's good I guess" she quickly replied.

She closed my door and slipped in "dinner will be ready in 20" I wasnt really feeling food. But then again when was i?

I laid on my bed and slowly drifted off. My mom opened my door moments later but I just ignored her. She soon left but came back and put a plate of food on my nightstand. Then I really drifted off.