Chapter 15

Dedicated to Coleman5 for your long ass comment on chapter 12 =D I loved reading it lol

I’d also like to thank every single person (especially the ones who’s fanned me) for reading my story!

Chapter fifteen:

[Derrek’s POV]

I slammed my apartment door shut and threw the keys on the counter. Why did I just volunteer, willingly, to visit Val’s god parents with her? I used to pride myself on keeping to myself and not caring about anyone but here I am hanging out with Max and his friends acting as though I belong in their little group.

I could hear Max strumming his guitar out on the balcony. Lately it’d been the same song but I didn’t mind, it was one of my favourites too. I poured a glass of water and then walked outside to sit on the seat next to him. He ignored me and continued until he finished the song with a final strum of his fingers.

“So... still moping” I stated rather than asked as I drank from my glass. He threw me a pointed stare before sighing.

“Shut up Derrek. You have no idea what I’m going through. I know it’s only been a few months but I really do think I love her. I thought we’d at least end up dating or something... we’re both Water-abled, and you know that people of the same ability end up together” I sighed inwardly. I wasn’t the emotion sharing sentimental guy that Max was. Honestly there were lots of girls who were trying to get with him but he was hooked on Val.

“Yeah, well maybe it’ll happen one day” I said nonchalantly.

“She told me everything you know. She told me about what’s been happening to her, her nightmares and that she’s half Stinger” he turned to look at me. “She said she’s told you everything” I shrugged one shoulder in agreement.

“Derrek, why didn’t you tell me? Why didn’t she tell me? She’s the most amazing girl I’ve ever met and I wouldn’t have cared if she was half Stinger” I shrugged again.

“It wasn’t my place to tell, Max” I told him. He began plucking at the strings as he nodded. “By the way, we’re going with Val and Helena to her god parent’s place tomorrow. She wants to look for some answers”

This took him by surprise, his fingers stilled over the metal strings then put the guitar aside before facing me. “I’m surprised she wants me to go. I feel like the biggest jerk, I need to talk to her tomorrow” His eyes slid to mine and he frowned a little while in deep thought. “Do you like Val, Derrek?”

The question surprised me and I raised an eyebrow at him. “No. To be honest she’s a pain in my ass but fun to annoy” Max nodded and yawned. He murmured a goodnight and went to bed. I looked out at the thin outline of the moon in the night sky and wondered whether the warm feelings I had around her did mean I liked her.

I shuddered and shook my head. No, it’s probably just indigestion or something.

[Val’s POV]

A wet, rough tongue licking my cheek woke me up and I groggily opened my eyes to see Butterscotch’s happy face breathing onto mine. As always I was dead tired, the nightmares that plagued my sleep never ceased to scare me even though I knew everytime what would happen.

“You know, I think you’re spending too much time with Helena, girl” I mumbled to Butterscotch, “You’re just way too happy” Helena heard and offered me a grin but continued humming as she watered her plants. I groaned as I pushed myself off my bed and started to get ready to leave for the road trip back home. I could only hope that the trip wouldn’t be a waste of time.