"Why aren't you afraid of me?"

"Seriously? I have worse nightmares about AP Calculus." I looked at the villain holding me captive in annoyance, shifting my hands behind my back, testing my bonds.

I couldn't see his eyes, but I could tell that he was looking at me in shock. "You're more worried about failing an AP class than possibly losing your life?" He moved closer to me, with his head tilted to the side in confusion.

"Um, yeah I'm more worried about my AP class! Cause if I die, then yay, no AP tests, but if I live then I have to worry about trying to pass with a 3 or higher, otherwise I don't get college credit, and then that's $95 dollars I've wasted..." I trailed off, trying not to laugh at the incredulous and slightly hurt look on the villain's face. 

"But, but you're a superhero! Shouldn't your first priority be fighting the supervillain?" It was my turn to stare incredulously at him, as I was pretty sure the villain was an adult, and shouldn't they be trying to encourage learning, not hinder it?  

Besides, if I ended up going to college, that was one less person the villain would have to fight, right?

"Theoretically, if you don't kill me, I'm going to have a life after being a superhero, which means if I want to get a job that pays, I need to be able to go to college to get a degree," I reasoned, trying to make the villain understand my position on the matter.

Suddenly, I felt the bonds on my hands shift, and I slipped my hands out from the rope. Time to get out of here.

"Well, our chat was just lovely, but I have to fly," I smirked, leaping out of my chair and grabbing the window ledge above me, flipping so that I was perched on the edge, ready to jump out of the warehouse. "I have an AP Calc test to study for!"

Hello lovely readers! I am currently struggling in the hell that is AP Calculus, so I thought this prompt was pretty appropriate. Please comment or vote if you like my stories, it inspires me to write quicker, I promise!

Thank you!