7.A new song

School really wasn't a big problem for me and Minnie. We brought home A's and B's. She was in gymnastics and I was in hip hop dance. We both sung at church, and played volleyball for the same travel team. When DJ went to Miami Northwestern Senior High, he played football, and ran track. I saw Nastacia who was a decked out as always. Minnie's friend Melanie came towards us to.

"So are you basics excited for graduation?" Nastacia asked

I replied "Hell yeah, I'm ready to get my black ass out of here."

We all started cracking up. The first thing I had was Science, Mrs. Clow. Everybody and they mama dont like her. She wasn't the prettiest woman either. She sort of reminded me of a lizard. Because she likes to try you in front of the whole class. Saying stuff like you're slow and don't listen. Plus she's sexist against boys. Which pisses me off, cause like girl you that miserable.  But I sat in the back with Nastacia.

"Sit down on get out you packet so we can go over it!!"

She was dead ass that teacher that give you work up until the last day. She walked to the front of class and started taking attendance. Nastacia was steady flirting with some blasian boy, who was ok.

"All right shut your mouths or everybody is getting a referral. I'm not doing anything today I have a headache, plus my daughter is coming from out of town. So we are going to have a good day. Nastacia turn around before you get an after school detention!"

She winks at the boy then turns forward. While Mrs. Clow went over the agenda for class Nastacia takes her packet out and grabs mine, then starts to copy the answers.

My next class was aid. Which was my fave cause 1, you really didn't do anything in there and 2, if I did, I aided for a awesome teacher. Ms. Growden, she was the best. She taught English for seniors. Ms. Growden had a Doctoring degree so her advance classes did kinda border line college activities.

And today I aided for her in her 2nd period which Nastacia had and our other friend Katya. She and Nikki were friends of ours too. Which is funny, non of us liked each other on first impression. But we soon got over, since we all had classes together. Ms. Growden only wanted me to clean her class room. Which stood bare already, since it was the end of the year.

I knocked on the door. She told me to open the door.

"Hey Mickey. Go ahead and take a seat I'll show you what I want you to do." said Ms. Growden

Her class was just sitting and talking. But she was getting ready to go over graduation procedures. Which is tomorrow,  and can I say, I am too excited. Me and Minnie had decided to do the same color scheme, cool green and white. I was wearing a matching set and wedges and she was wearing a dress with heels. All this planning and preparation and  I just couldn't believe this was all coming to an end.

Ms. Growden waved her hand to get the classes attention. "I'm going to pass out your row number that you will be seated for practice tomorrow at 3 pm sharp, some may be rearranged but for now go off of this. Oh, and we have a couple extra tickets so if you have any last minute invites, come scoop them up." Everyone jumped up, rushing to her desk. Then a thought hit me. I can invite David!!

"Excuse me." I pushed past the small crowd of people.

"Ms. Growden, even though I'm technically not in your cl-.."

She interrupted me. "Of Course, how many?"

I smiled eagerly. "Just one. Thank you."

She slid me the ticket and handed me a piece of paper with only a few things to clean up in the back room. Nastacia and Katya came into the closet with me. Since Katya came in last she shut the door.

"What's up?" My brows scrunched together.

"Who's the extra ticket for?" Katya questioned

"Just in case I missed someone, MOM!" I added sarcasticlly.

"Now why are you lying to us." Katya shoved my arm.

"I'm not lying, its is indeed for someone but..." I trailed off. Thinking about David being there at my graduation. Wait what the hell was I thinking! Sky was gonna be there or so he said. As if I was thinking out loud Nastacia chimed in that exact thought.

"Ok, since yo ass want to  beat around the dam bush. She inviting that nigga she met at the beach. But there's a problem with that. Sky, dumb ass. If he even think you and that nigga got something going on, he gonna have all his lil hood rats at wherever he live and tryna kill him." She noted in a matter of fact kind of tone.

"Well you know as good as I do that Sky is 90% not even coming. But I think that's gonna be a lil weird cuz I just met him and all." I noted

I looked at both of them hoping for an answer. I could see the gears in both of there heads turning. Katya finally spoke up.

"Fuck it, I say invite him. And if Sky got a problem fuck his lyin ass to. I'm out its too dam hot." She stepped out the closet.

"So you got your answer." She winked at me."And I kinda like it."