Chapter 2

I went home and saw Hailey. She was sitting on the couch, listening to music, humming along. I was hiding something from her, and she could tell. I quickly started walking towards our room when she stopped me.

"Umm Delilah?" She asked.

"Yeah?" I nervously responded.

She scooted over near me on the couch and I sat down.

"What aren't you telling me?" She questioned.

"We need to talk," I said.

"Whats up?" She asked as we walked into our room.

"Well, Houston talked to me and well, he told me not to tell you but,"

"What...?"

"He has powers."

"Powers?"

"Yeah, like the kind that superheroes have, you know like, mind reading?"

"What, like he, Houston Alvaro can read minds? As if,"

"No! He can! He can read the official's minds! He told me!"

"Whatever..." She said, walking away.

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

As i walked into school the next morning, Houston approached me, again. Hailey glared at me, because of what I had told her last night.

"The officials.." He said out of breath. "They threatened me. One of them saw me through the window of the office room."

"What happened?"

"They made me tell them why I was there. I sorta kinda said i was meeting you here."

"What? Why?"

"Because they saw you walking past and they threatened you too."

They threatened me, I thought. It was my birthday, and I already had something bad happen to me.

"What did they say?" I asked.

"They might have to separate us. Which means...put you into the outer division." He sadly admitted.