|| light pink ||

thanks to his contact lenses his crush wasn't able to notice his eyes turn pink. the lightest shade of pink there was. she continued to laugh at his joke, something he definitely wasn't used to, and the fluttering feeling inside him made him weak in his knees.

usually donghyuck would taunt him, in a loving way of course, as he put it, whenever mark's eyes turned light pink. his best friend knew what it meant and found pleasure in mentioning her name all the time when the two hung out, finding it amusing how the older one's eyes changed color.

what was this girl doing to him? usually his eyes wouldn't change from their usual white color while he was at school, but when she was around they'd turn light pink in a second.

it was odd.

-

mark lee was born with white eyes.

and when they then turned bright pink when the doctors screamed, his parents started as well. then when the people finally stopped screaming and the newborn finally had time to cry, his eyes turned grey, matching the dark skies outside. the weather had been bad all week up to his birth.

his parents, those who excitedly awaited him, abandoned him not even a year after, the changing eyes being too much pressure. of course he was found by another family, a less judging family kind of. it was an older couple who took him, the typical fairytale like family.

as soon as they brought him home, he was cooed at, treated like a jewel. on his first birthday his eyes turned baby blue. he looked up at the two who had cared for him with blue eyes, and the two could only smile back.

-

bright pink and light pink showed completely different emotions, he learned that when he started in seventh grade.

it was a typical meeting to be honest, they bumped into each other at the end of the day, and she dropped her books. they both reached for them and their foreheads bumped.

when he got home that same day and took out his contact lenses, his eyes were still a light pink. he had come to learn that the bright pink signaled fear.

it didn't make sense. he didn't feel scared of her, he didn't feel scared at all.

it was the day he learned that the two shades of pink; bright pink and light pink, meant two completely different emotions, it was the day he fell for her. love at first sight kind of, or more like love at first bump.

-

"that was a good one mark!" her melodic like voice filled his ears, and the older one laughed sheepishly, "you think so?"

cheongah nodded, a small giggle rumbling from her throat once again.

right outside the school the two had to part ways, and she pulled him into a tight tight hug before sprinting towards her home, leaving mark lee to stand dazed. the boy stood still until someone harshly ran into him, and he knew who it was.

"dude, take out your lenses i need to see," donghyuck had snickered, landing a light punch on the older one's shoulder. mark rolled his eyes, pushing the younger one away a bit to carefully take out one of his lenses.

"hah! i knew it, they're pink!" mark frowned at the younger boy who laughed and quickly put his lens back into his eye. donghyuck grabbed mark's arm, already dragging him away from the school grounds.

the older one was so close to tackling the other one multiple times as they headed towards his house.

donghyuck found amusement in shouting and chanting at the top of his lungs, "mark loves cheongah!" all the way to the older's house.

mark couldn't deny it though.