Chapter 9

*3 days later*

I have reconnected with keeley, one of my friends that used to go to kindergarten with. I saw her in Starbucks and I said hi, we've gotten really close in the last 2 days.

I told keeley about my friendship with Austin and the crew, and that I don't really hang around with many girls, apart from Beth, Louise, Molly and Beth, so yeh. She seems to have this idea in her head that I have feeling for Austin.

"OMG, you totally have feelings for your Bestfriend!" Keeley said while lightly hitting me on the arm. "Wait. What, no I don't have feelings for him, he is my friend!" I replie back whilst getting really hot. "You do!! That's why your leaning towards saying yes to moving across the country to live with him" she said while smiling. " no I'm learning towards say yes, so I can be supportive of him, and it won't just be me and him, the crew will be there to!" I say wanting to change the subject. "ok whatever you say. But don't say I didn't tell you!" Keeley said whilst putting her hands up in surrender.

Shortly after having the argumentative/friendly talk with keeley I was starting to realize I did have feelings for Austin. "Oh God, this is gonna be so awkward every time I see him" I say to my self , not knowing my brother was in my bedroom door way. "Awkward to see who??" Mike asks leaning up against the door frame. "Ummm no one, you won't understand even if I told you!" I replied back to him trying not to be a bitch about it. "Ok well tea is ready, if you want some!" Mike say turning away to walk back down stairs to eat. " ok, I'll be down any minute now!" I said while half smiling and leaving my phone on my bed before heading down to eat.

*down stairs*

"Hey Hun, how was your day?" My mom asks me as soon as I walk through the door. "Same as always mom" I replied back to her, before diving into my meatballs and pasta. " ok well I have some bad news!" My dad says with a really serious face. "Oh god!" I think to myself before being snapped out if my thoughts by my dad starting to speak. " Well me and your mother have to go away on a business trip in Chicago for three months!" He said looking at me, waiting for my outburst of anger. I played it cool and just said was what I know they want to hear " ok, that's fine, I'll look after mike" I said smiling and continuing to eat my tea. " No! You and your brother will be staying with some family. Three months is too long to be staying on your own! We're sorry darling" my mom said while finishing her tea. " wait, you telling me a 16 year old can't look after an 11 year old?" I said hearing my voice start to crack. " honey please don't get upset, i hate to leave on such a bad note!" My dad told me before closing the dishwasher. "Wait. When are you leaving??" I replied feeling the warmth of my tears falling down my cheek. Both my parents hesitated to answer, then my nana came through the door, and I instantly knew it was soon.

I have been in bed trying to go to sleep for the bast hour, I'm just lay here thinking about my parents leaving for three months, how I have developed feelings for Austin, and now I can't even text him. "Fuck it" I think to myself while picking up my phone from my bed side table ready to text robert. "Robert I need to tell you something! Could you sneak out to mine? It's urgent!" I texted robert because he is the only one I can tell right now, and I know he will keep it a secret.

*10 minutes later*

(DING DONG)

I hear my doorbell ring and immediately ran down stairs to answer it before anyone else had the chance.

"Hey, what's so urgent?" Robert ask before giving me any chance of say hi.

" can we talk up stairs?" I replied while leading robert up to my room so we could talk in private. "Close the door?!" I demanded before telling him what was wrong. " Robert I don't know how to say this but your the only one I can talk to right now!" I said looking down at my feet. " Bernie, your scaring me can you please just tell me?" Robert replied , I could see that he. Was worried. " okay" I said before taking in two huge breaths in. " I think I have feelings for Austin!"

***********Authors Notes**********

Hey guys thanks so much for reading, I hope you like the story so far.

What do you think about Bernie havering feelings for Austin. Not a surprise right?

Please vote and comment. Follow if you want but I'm not demanding that you do.

Follow me on twitter: @berniegough

Follow me on Instagram: @bernie1233

Ask me question on there and I will try to answer. Thank you 😜