Chapter Seventeen

Ashley's POV

(Two weeks later)

"Ash.. c'mon, you need to get up sweetie." Amy tapped my shoulder, trying to get me to open my eyes.

I scooted farther away from her, refusing to look at her.

"Ashley, the funeral is today.."

"Fine! I'm getting up! Just leave me alone!" I snapped.

She put her hands up in defeat, leaving me alone once again.

I started to cry again, which is basically all that I've been doing for the past two weeks.

Leda passed about a week ago, and Andy a week before that. I have nothing. My heart is completely empty, allowing no light to come in.

I haven't left my bed in a week now. I haven't showered, eaten, or moved. Every where I go, I see something that reminds me of Andy and Leda, my babies. My poor babies..

I weakly stood up, wrapping Andy's favorite batman blanket around my body. I buried my face in the soft fabric, breathing in his scent that still lingered. It was almost like burying my face in his hair.. but it's just not the same.

I glanced at the clock next to my bed, almost shitting myself as I saw the time. 11:01- Andy and Leda's funeral starts at 11:30!

I ran into the bathroom, jumping into the shower as fast as I could. Within minutes, I was fully dressed in my black suit. I finished up my makeup and hair, preparing to head downstairs, when I remembered the blanket. Andy would want it...

I grabbed the cherished blanket off the bed and ran downstairs, where Amy was already dressed and ready to leave.

"I'm sorry I'm running late.." I sniffled, slipping my shoes onto my feet.

"It's okay Ash. Let's go.."

~~

My breathing got much faster as we entered the church, everyone turning to look at us. I didn't think about this.. I'm not ready to see their bodies... Just lieing there.

I blinked back my tears as we walked farther into the room, determined to not mess up my makeup after only seconds of being here.

Amy grabbed my hand as we reached the caskets, our friends parting the way so we could reach them. I covered my hand with my mouth as I stepped up to Andy's coffin, my head spinning as I stared at him. He was so lifeless, yet he still looked so perfect. My poor baby had to go through all of this.. because of me.

Tears streamed down my face as I grabbed his cold hand, wishing I could see his beautiful blue eyes once more.

I placed the blanket in with him, laying the fabric over him.

"I thought you would like to have this blue eyes." I sniffled, "Where ever you are, I know I'll find you soon. I love you so much Andy." I kissed his cold forehead, wishing I could stay with him forever.

But I can't.

Eventually I stepped back, giving others a chance to pay their respects. I reached Leda's casket, where Jarrett was crying and holding her hand.

He noticed me and gave her a farewell kiss before stepping back to give me a chance. I patted him on the shoulder before standing by her side, grabbing her fragile hand.

I continued to sob, my heart shattering even more. Is it possible to be even more broken than I already am?

"I love you my baby girl. I'll find you and your dad one day, I promise. Daddy loves you."