Chapter 13: Andy's Birthday

|~*~Carolyn*~*~|

Monday, December 26

When Andy woke up the next morning, he took a shower quickly, got dressed, and went downstairs for breakfast while humming Carolyn.

His parents were already downstairs in the kitchen when he got there.

“That song you wrote for Carolyn was very sweet.” Andy's mom said.

“Thanks.” Andy said and poured himself some orange juice. He took a long sip.

“So do you like her?” his dad asked. Andy nearly choked.

“No she's just a friend.” Andy said. But truthfully, he was having second thoughts on that. Carolyn was kind, sweet, funny, and an amazing girl. What guy wouldn't like her? He knew he was falling for her… hard. He wasn't sure how or when it started. All Andy knew was that there was no way he could stop himself from falling harder. He was in too far.

Falling for her wasn't a bad thing. It made him want to see her every day and just see her smile and laugh at his jokes even when he didn't know he was making a joke. And his heart pounded like crazy when she hugged him or smiled at him.

“Andy, honestly we're your parents. We know when you like someone.” his mom said.

“And you definitely like this girl. Why else would you write a song for her?” his dad added.

Andy was quiet. It was pretty hard to deny it now. He sighed and slumped into his seat. “Don't. Tell. Anyone.” he muttered.

“Alright. Now, we just have one more thing to say.” his mom said. Andy looked up at his parents.

“Happy birthday!” they exclaimed.

Andy grinned and shot out of his seat. He pumped his fists in the air and said, “YEAH! I’M FINALLY EIGHTEEN!”

“So what are you going to do today?” his dad asked.

“My friends and I are going to go to the tattoo shop to get our BVB tattoos. And I'm getting my Batman tattoo.” Andy said while smiling.

His mom chucked. “You and your love for Batman,”

“Yup, and I'm dedicating my whole right arm to Batman.” Andy said. “My left arm will have other stuff.”

“Now, since you're eighteen, you're a legal adult.” his dad started.

“And we think you should have this.” his dad slid an envelope to him. Andy reached for it and opened it. Inside the envelope he found a Chase credit card and a Batman check book.

“Thanks!” he got up and gave his parents a hug. Then his phone blasted The Gunsling.