Chapter One

Cory's P.O.V

I was trying to convince Shelby to climb Mt. Ebott with me. 

"Pleeeeaaaassseeeee?" I asked her for the millionth time. She still shook her head.

"PLEASE! I WILL GIVE YOU CANDY FOR THE NEXT MILLION YEARS!" I begged. I saw her roll her eyes.

"Fine," she said. I smiled.

"Yes!"

----------

We changed into some warmer clothes: A sweater, some jeans, and boots. 

We exited the house and made our way to Mt. Ebott. Shelby still didn't want to go, but she went anyways.

It became dark as we finally made it to the bottom of the mountain. There was a worn out sign right by it. It took me a while, but I realized it said, "Stop! No trespassing."

"Maybe we should really go back," Shelby suggested. I shook my head.

"Who cares if we're climbing a mountain that comes with a silly rumor?"

She sighed. 

I grabbed her hand and dragged her to where the path to the top began. It was rocky and we almost fell a few times, but it didn't stop us.

We saw a lot of missing people papers. All were kids from ten to about seventeen. We continued to walk.

We saw a huge hole and stopped. I saw Shelby stare at it with fear. 

"Don't be scared, it's nothing to be worried abou-" I was cut off by a loud noise. The ground beneath us began to shake, and soon after, we were falling.

death

CHICKAPLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW