Part 1

*artwork is not mine it belongs to the artist *

The wailing of a baby, broke the deathly silence of the night.

His little chest heaving, tears filled his eyes and no one came.

He was alone, the bodies of his parents lay on the ground covered in blood.

A cloud blocked out the moonlight for a moment. After it passed, the light revealed that the baby was no longer alone.

It was a vixen, with silvery white fur. Her name was Yuki.

Yuki shared her warmth with the kit. She understood what had happened in the hours before. She also knew that the kit would be an outcast among humans. He had to much of a fox spirit and the others would be afraid. They most likely would mistake him for the creature within his belly.

Yuki did not want that life for the kit. She came to a decision.

Yuki touched her snout to the kit's forehead. Chakra flared and glowed and after the light faded, a change had been made.

Yuki now held a small fox kit. The newly made kitsune, blinked and yawned before falling asleep. His reddish gold body finally, finding sleep.

Yuki smiled, her mind had brushed against the Kyuubi no Kitsune and she had learned the kit's name.

Picking him up by the scruff, she carried the kit, Naruto, away into the night.