Eternity

Eternity

She loves me. She loves me not. She loves me. She loves me not.

I thought as I stared at the now severely wounded flower. I was definitely not in a good mood and the sole reason for that is Stu. We haven’t talked to each other since this morning and it was really pissing me off. Lili is getting in the way and with the way she smirks every damn time, it feels like I’m losing my Stu. She’s mine, dammit.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” One of my male friends asked. We sat on bleachers in the gym as we waited for our turn in the basketball. Today, I had club practice and so, I can’t go home with Stu. But right now, she’s the only thing running on my mind. It’s already my fifth flower—each a different species—and yet, it’s always she loves me not.

I groaned, “Don’t tell me she’d fallen for Lili?”

“Who fell for who?” Another one asked and I looked up at them, all surrounding me with raised brows and curious looks.

“Do you think Stu likes Lili?” I asked and they blinked at me two times before they laughed their own laugh. I twitched; what was so freaking funny? Is it weird for me to ask if my pet likes someone else? If it was you, I’m sure you wouldn’t like your puppy playing without other people and ignoring you. That was just…irritating.

A hand pat me on the back. I looked up to find Chase Tyler. He’s my best friend but I’m closer with Stu…just that we need male company sometimes. Well, me being male, I like male company. He was looking at me with his usual cool smile but amusement was dancing in his eyes, I could practically see fireworks, dammit!

“What?” I said, annoyed.

He chuckled, “You are so dense, Den.”

“Yeah, and you’re a fucking genius.” I replied sarcastically. Really, he ranked last in our year during midterms.

I noticed him twitched, “Please. Everyone knows you like Kylie and she likes you back, so what the hell are you getting paranoid about.”

I blinked before replying, “I don’t know…jealous? Nah…” I paused before blinking at him and finally it dawned on me. I laughed a bit. I’m jealous, aren’t I? This was so…weird, I guess? I have never felt like this because no one ever dared to take Stu’s attention away from me. Huh, so this is what it’s like. I smiled, “Hey Chase,”

“Yeah.”

“I’m leaving for a while.” I stood and head for the exit before turning to him and winking, “I’m taking my pet back.” And I ran.

Because Stu is mine. She’s mine. No matter.

My phone rang, Stu’s ringtone, “Hey!” I greeted.

“You done with practice?” She asked.

“Nah, I’m skipping.”

“Hmmm…I’m at the cake shop, eat with me?” She paused, “I’m feeling alone.”

“Yeah. I’m coming in five, so wait for me.”

And she hung up. Yeah, forever mine.