Chapter 16 - The Warning

Author's Note: This chapter contains sexual content that may not be suitable for all audiences. Please feel free to skip over to the next section to continue.**

Chapter 16 – The Warning

Cecilia finally let herself drift. Her mind was still cloudy; her body was still twitching with its own wakening awareness. She had no idea how many minutes had passed before she opened her eyes to find Loki's serious face so close to hers, his lips reciting the sweetest of words, a soothing, melodic repetition, accompanied by the lightest touch to her forehead, eyes, nose, lips, and chin.

With what seemed like reverence, he kept up his whispers and touching, lulling her into the depths of his intent gaze; and she felt the weight of his words, even though she was too weary to understand them. Perhaps it was another spell, but for the first time in ten years, she did not care what happened to her, did not even try to resist the mesmerizing litany that stole through her tired, sated body like a prayer.

Even more slowly this time, he moved toward her mouth, speaking his words of praise, sharing secrets with her, lips to lips, tongue to tongue. Gradually she opened to him, first on a small sigh, and then with a bit more interest, her eyes not leaving his while her tongue searched the riddles of his mouth. But he continued to speak to her, if not with his lips, with the rest of his body - hands moving reverently over her shoulders and between her breasts, soothing and reassuring, drawing languid patterns on her warm skin.

Her own arms were still bound, and she ached to release them. "Oh, no you don't, my raven," he whispered into the kiss. The new eagerness of her mouth and her legs, both unabashedly reaching for him, told him all he needed to know about her willingness and desire.

"Loki," she gasped. While her feet rasped up the sides of his legs, the tickle against his hair and skin there almost unbearably pleasurable, her mouth grasped his with increasing urgency, the wetness of their kisses noisy against the background of the steady fire and their beating hearts.

"That's a much better response," he murmured.

"What happened last night?" she asked, smiling and arching into his mouth and hands.

"You fell asleep on me." His hands were everywhere, making her moan softly as he rediscovered each small area of her body that was sensitive to his touch. "Don't let that happen again," he growled when his fingers reached between her legs and discovered how ready she was for him.

Cecilia couldn't hide her reaction and when his fingers found her core, she whimpered, needing something other than his fingers inside her. "Stop teasing, Loki," she said harshly, her mouth falling open as sensations ripped through her body. "Please!" she almost yelled.

"You made me wait," he scolded her. "I don't like waiting."

"My King," she whispered hoarsely. "You should have woken me."

"You were far too weary after the second time," he said, smiling triumphantly as he pulled his hand away.

And then, in a moment he knew would decide everything, he rolled over onto his back, drawing her with him and sitting up with her, before her confusion broke the spell of their coupling. With experience, he hoped she wouldn't stop to question; he kept up the frantic kisses and arranged her legs and bottom. That she seemed to know what to do shouldn't have surprised him, but he hid it anyway by dropping his head back and letting her take him over.

And take him over she did. Cecilia no longer cared if she was bewitched or damned or anything else she would have to pay for later. Right now she had no idea how she managed without his intimate touch for so long. There was no doubt that he was incredibly made, a temptation and a sin to be sure, but one she could – and would – no longer resist. She reached down and took hold of the most intimate part of the man beneath her, seizing control as she wrapped her fingers around his shaft, realizing how hungry she suddenly felt for the power he was offering her.