Dancing in the dark (Thomas)

I hope you like this one! Hopefully updating on my other book (part two, go check that out) So... yeah!!! Love you!

~~~

Y/N's P.O.V.

I stood at my kitchen sink, hands grasping the sides of the simple counter top, just thinking. My eyes studied the crescent moon, the darkness it held on the majority of its surface, the stars that shone behind it.

A large tree reached up towards it, desperately trying to grasp the few stars with its bare, dying branches. The ancient tree looked alive in the dark coolness of the night, tricking my tired eyes.

My head fell, eyes dropping to my bare feet. I let my thoughts drift to the events prior.

Thomas' screams stained my ears.

His red face twisted in anger, his long arms cutting the air as he ripped my heart apart. The veins that popped out of his neck throbbed with every pump of his heart. This was so vivid in my mind, I could feel the pain of his words imprinted on my skin.

He yelled at my faults. He screamed at the burden I placed upon his broad shoulders. He criticized my actions, my imperfections, my flaws...

All with good reason.

I had screamed at him just the same. The back of my now-shaking hand stuck his soft face in defeat. My eyes found his in a bitter glare, breaking his heart just the same.

"I am never fucking enough for you, Yn! Why can't I just be enough? Why can't my love for you be enough?" He screamed, tears falling down his face, spit flying from his mouth, hair askew.

"Because you aren't good enough, you twat! You're love isn't good enough!" I shouted. My lungs burned from the yelling, but that pain didn't even compare to the pain of my broken heart. The heart I was breaking, single handedly.

With that, my love stormed out of my home with a pain filled scream. His heart had broken, his eyes had teared, yet I felt he was the one to blame.

God, I was fucking wrong.

The wound I had cut on my bleeding heart was as fresh as the day is long, the pain apparent in my stance.

Thomas.  

He had left me. He had left me for good. I was not good enough for him. I wasn't kind enough. I wasn't beautiful enough. I wasn't strong enough. I wasn't...

Enough.

"God, you idiot! W-why would y-you push such a b-beautiful boy away...?" My quiet voice trembled as a chilled wind from the window ran over my soft skin.

My palms began to sweat as fear gripped my frail heart. The painful fear was immediate, like standing on the top of a building when frightened of heights, or, watching a dog run at you barking, baring teeth. The fear was unbearable. My tired body began to react.

Shallow breaths escaped my lips, my chest fluttered like the wings of a bird. My tongue was void of moisture and felt numb in my mouth.

Adrenaline pumped in my veins, desperate for a place to go, but I simply couldn't let it. My feet felt the weight of the world as I thought of a way to clear my racing mind.

There was simply no way. My mind was filled with jumbled, incoherent thought of the man I loved and of the fear gripping my thoughts themselves. I couldn't do anything to calm my nerves, fulfilling the darkness that seemed to be sucking the soul from my being.

My hands shook as I tired to turn on the faucet. Hot tears cut at my cold face, sobs racked my frail body over and over. There was no relief in sight, so I stopped fighting.