Chapter 1

Charles kneeled down to eye level with their children, his eyes blue as the ocean shined with love and compassion glazed into their own eyes.
"now listen to me, your aunt Raven will be taking care you lot for a few weeks understand, me and your father will be taking a short holiday just the two of us okay" said Charles smiling, with slight tears on his face.
"And Lorna you are in charge okay sweetheart"
"okay, I'll promise to take care of everything" said the teen her hair dyed in a light shade of green. The twins and Lorna were Erik's children from another partner and little David was his own. Charles wife died at child birth and filled with grief Charles supported David on his own as for Erik he had lost his job and so financial problems started rolling in and by the end of the month she filed a divorce shortly afterwards but for a broken man he got to keep his children.

Charles hugged all four of them. The twins Peter and Wanda almost burning in tears hugged their father hard. David hugged the most kissing his father's cheek many times. Erik entered the room and leaned against the door frame his arms folded.
"can I get a hug?" He asked as their children let of Charles and head for Erik. Charles got up and joined in the hug, he kissed Erik on the cheek.
"okay, I think its time to go now" it was Raven. She was was adopted into Charles family after Charles' mother could no longer have a child. She strolled into the room her blonde hair waving in the air as she walked.
"okay, but let me say goodbye first" said Charles as she kissed them all.
"we'll miss you guys so much" said Charles. His husband's hand interwined with his own as he too waved at their children. Charles, his bag on his shoulders gave one last look at their children before leaving.

The children all ran to the door waving goodbye to their parents as they got into the car. Raven waved too wishing them a safe and secure trip. One last goodbyes and that was it. The bags in the back of the car and they were off to the ferry. Their trip wasn't going to be on the bust city scapes of New York city but in a small part of a country lakeside somewhere in Britain. Erik drove and drove as Charles stared out of the window.
"you seem very quite" laughed Erik keeping his eyes on the road.
"oh sorry I was just thinking of the kids"
"don't worry, your sister is there to take care of them and Lorna is great with David. She always took care of the twins" said Erik smiling. Charles smiled back and as though it was his first thought he laughed and while being stuck in traffic Charles kissed Erik.

The drive wasn't long now,they were almost there it was getting close. And there she was, the ferry that will get them to their final destination, their passage to paradise. They loaded their car in the bowel of the ship as instructed and head to the surface. The journey was within six days leaving Charles and Erik time for themselves. They danced and made love without being disturbed, they watched as they kissed the night away. Those six days went by quickly and by the sixth day Charles and Erik woke up to an announcement.
"ladies and gentlemen it's your captain speaking"
Charles and Erik smiled together. The captain continued.
"we have arrived in the United Kingdom, please those who arrived by car please find one our crew members who would show you the way. "
Charles and Erik started to make their way with the other, their bags on their shoulders as they got back to their car.

The Lakeside was not far from where they were and as they asked directions they managed to get their on time. Someone by the entrance seemed our of place as though they don't belong there. Charles and Erik looked at each other with Charles looking concerned as he bit his lip but Erik felt brave and rolled down his window popping his head out of the car, the only safety they had.
"um excuse me, do you know where the cabin lodges are?" Asked Erik. The man or boy (he seemed younger) looked up at them, his eyes narrow and his head long. His hair streaked in long stands. He stood up and without notice he pulled out a knife, he pointed the knife at Erik who raised his hands immediately and Charles screamed, pulling Erik back.
"woah, mate we..."
"Janos enough!" The voice on the other side came from another boy. He walked towards them and pulled Janos' arm down pulling the knife out his hand. He pushes him out of the way and he looks at Charles and Erik.
"sorry about that he always keep a knife, you know self defense, anyway I'm Sebastian Shaw, I heard you were looking for a cabin lodge, will all you need to do is turn left from here, you'll have a good view of the lake" he said and Charles and Erik smiled too
"thank you" said Charles nervously and they drove off immediately.

As they drove Sebastian looked at the speeding car his eyes narrowing as he took a cigar from his pocket and lit it. Smoke coming out of his mouth as he exhailed. Charles breath heavily as tears ran his eyes;the thought of his Erik almost getting killed was a nigjtmare and it striked him hard.
" oh gosh. Oh gosh. Oh gosh!" Hypertented Charles has he gripped his own arm.
"calm down"
"calm down? Calm down! How can I calm down Erik you were almost killed"
"but I didn't thanks to that Shaw" reasurred Erik. Speaking about Shaw Charles seemed he couldn't trust Shaw but they were holiday and he wasn't going to let the thought get to him..when they arrived at their lodge they didn't bother unpack but sleep on the bed with their clothes on.
"I love you" said Charles.
"I love you too" replied Erik. The thought of the knife and Shaw out of their minds.