Chapter 43: District 10

I stayed quiet for nearly the whole dinner

I stayed quiet for nearly the whole dinner. Cato kept trying to include me in the conversations but I was completely out of it.

After the dinner finished, I just went to my room and lay my bed. I didn't have the energy to do anything, even taking off my clothes seemed like a huge task.

Cato came into the room, and sat next to me. He was already changed and he stayed silent for a few minutes before speaking up.

'What's up?' he asked.

I might not have had the energy to move, but I still could speak.

'The sky,' I grinned, and I heard him sigh.

'No seriously.'

'Everything, Cato. Everything's just so.. fùcked up. I know I should be grateful and all that I'm alive, but sometimes I just wonder whether things would've been better to just be dead.'

'Same here. I thought I would feel like a billion bucks after winning.. but I mean.. was trained since the moment I could walk and my childhood was completely wasted for this.'

I sat up and put my arm around his back.

'I understand, I used to resent all the rich people in the Capitol and District 1 and whoever, but sounds like you had it pretty bad. I lived with little money, and you lived with little love,' I put my head on his shoulder, before quickly taking it off.

Way too close. Waaaay too close, but he put his arm around me, pulling me into his chest.

I breathed in his scent. Guess he just had a shower, but he did smell nice.

Cato lay his head on my head, and kissed the top of my head and boy, it felt like someone had just let out about 1000 butterflies in my stomach.

------------------------------------------------

About time I finally updated! (Even though it was a short chapter). I apologise for my absence, I really just have been really lazy and have lacked motivation to write anything.

I'm going to speed things up, I mean- you guys did read 40 goddamn long chapters without any significant occuring so..

But anyways thanks for reading! I really appreciate your support and feedback!