It kept stealing my books

There was a library outside of town that I used to love going too and it was my favorite place to go to whenever I wanted to relax from things in my life, but what I experienced has made me feel so dread of returning to that place.

Back when I used to go to that library, I would always do it whenever I had free time or wanted a new book to read and it had many selections of books to choose from. It ranged from historical to fantasy, other people would go to the library but not as very often as I did. It used be a large log cabin, but was changed into a library and owned a loving old couple. I would drive there by my dirt bike, I loved all of the books that I read and was very careful with each one. But one strange thing that kept on happening whenever I borrowed books from the library and took them to my house, every time it would be the day before the day that I had to return the books back to the library and when it was the day that I did have to return the books. I couldn't find the books and would everywhere, even asked both of my parents if they borrowed it or put it somewhere and they would tell me that they didn't. The first time it happened, I completely freaked out and now it was less worrisome. But still I was freaked out by since it happens every single time and each time when I went to the library to tell the man about my situation, yet every single time he was surprised by it. Because he told me that he found each book that I borrowed in the return box and assumed that it was either me or one of my parents who returned it.

The last time it happened, I decided that I was going to figure out how it happened and started to think of many plans to get some evidence of how the books are getting taken or catch what is taking them. I tried setting up a trap by using some marbles to make whatever or whoever slip and fall on their butt, but it didn't work and then I tried using a simple made alarm whenever something tried to open the window. By using some yarn string and a bell, but my cat got to it and ran off with both some of the yarn and bell. Yet one strange thing that happened was my mom told me that she saw my cat standing out of my room, she was growling and hissing deeply like there was something bad in my room. Last attempt that I had of a trap, I used my parents camera that they used to for family memories and set it up to catch some sort of footage. Still nothing, that was until I decided to stay up even though my parents never allowed me to do that and well when one of them checked to see if I was still up. I pretend to be asleep, when they left I quickly sat up and waited continuously. It was around 2 or 3 in the morning and I started dozing off, until I heard my window being closed and immediately woke up.

Hearing what sounded like wings flapping away and so I quickly put on a jacket with a pair of sneakers, went out of my room and slid down the rail of the staircase. Ran into the garage and got out my dirt bike, got on it and open the garage door with the clicker. Got my dirt bike started and drove off with closing the garage door in the process, began chasing after whatever it was that took off with my books and it was so dark outside. The road looked like a dark abyss and I couldn't see the thing in the sky, but I could see the faint shape of my books and so pressed on the pedal. Trying to catch up to the thing, but it was going so fast and hard to see it in the darkness of the sky. That was until I got to the road that lead to the library and once I went down the road far enough to see the library, that when I saw it.

The moon was out and shining bright, it appeared that someone was on the roof. But something in my gut told me to run and when I stopped, the tires of my dirt bike screeched against the road loudly and it easily caught the attention of the thing on the roof. I saw the thing turn it's head and it had glowing red eyes, stood up straight and that's when I knew that thing wasn't human. Wings appeared out behind it's back, one was a feathered wing and the other was of a bat's wing. It crouched down and it's wing flapped, helping it take flight.

I immediately revved up my dirt bike, turned it around and quickly pushed the pedal. Taking off fast, soon heard the sound of flapping and instantly knew that the thing was chasing me. So many things ran through my mind, but each one was telling me to run and get away. I was close to the entrance of town, until something hard it the side of my head with so much force and it caused me to be taken off of my dirt bike. I fell to the road and skid across it, my dirt bike went towards the left side of the road and fell to it's side. Saw the thing land on the ground, it had two sharp bladed feet and the moonlight shined on it. Revealing the thing's appearance, I was right about it appearing to be human and as much as I wanted to run away.