Chapter 3

Hunter Sullivan

I WATCHED AS HE fought off the bad guys that had previously captured me. He looked so beautiful then.

Like an angel, he used only his hands and legs to fight off the bearded man two times older than him and something exploded in my heart.

Gratitude, I realised as a smile formed on my lips when he glanced at me, making sure I was alright. I barely knew this guy and he was helping me and Megan, and the last time I saw him was when I kicked him in the balls. How can I not thank him?

"Thanks for helping me." I said as we got into the car, him getting the blood off his hands. We were packed like sardines, and that was not helping my heart which was beating awfully hard against my chest as he looked at me, his eyes capturing all of my attention.

It was blue like the colour of the ocean.

He turned away to look outside the window, telling the driver which way to turn. Blinking, I fidgeted.

If my best friend were here, she would had laughed, commenting on how the Big Bad Girl would actually fidget. Subconsciously missing her presence, a frown took over my face as I thought of where she was. Who would kidnap my best friend in school?

"Don't worry, we will arrive soon." Cole, who was sitting beside the driver muttered to himself. I kept myself from smirking at the thought of him worrying about Megan. He was a pretty nice guy.

"I have a long D, for instance." The guy whom I kicked in the balls muttered to himself, making me giggle like a cheerleader.

I hate cheerleaders.

Seeming to realise that I had thanked him, he quickly replied, "It's a small matter."

Damn, his smile.

Trying to initiate a conversation, I laughed playfully. "Unlike your eggplant, right?"

He sent me an embarrassed smile. "Did I say it out loud?"

I nodded. "Sure you did."

We talked for a while, making me find out his real name, which was the same as mine. Even our nicknames were pretty similar. I also found out that he has similar interests and thoughts as me about random stuff, making him all the more fascinating.

After all, you don't find a guy who shares the same name as you and was pretty similar to a twin.

"Reached." The driver yelled and we hurriedly got out of the car, my eyes registering the surroundings.

It was a big mansion with a huge artificial waterfall nearby. Everything seemed so modern and wealthiness radiated off all the glass walls and polished wooden floors of the house aside from the fact that the house looked almost abandoned if not for the plants that looked taken care of. Ivory hung on the white gates and dust that formed at what seemed like a hundred years ago were sticking on the rusty gates.

Quickly and stealthily, all of us sucessfully climbed over the gates, a hand on the guns in our pockets.

There seemed to be nobody else other than us here. Taking the lead, Hunter kicked open the door to the mansion. I failed to contain my gasp as I saw the fresh blood on the floor leading to some place. Was it Megan's?

Cole stared at the red blood, wide-eyed and speechless. Hunter pursed his lips at the blood but said nothing.

"L-let's go find her." I muttered and quickened my pace, following the blood. At last, it led to a white, sinister looking wall. The silence was roaring in my ears. I clutched the hems of my shirt, feeling my heart thumping loudly against my chest.